RAF Officer Watch

macuser3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hi, i have been looking into a career in the raf. i was thinking of joining as an ICT tech, and planning on working my way up to officer because i dont have the a levels for direct entry. but i found out today that i couldnt be comissoned because i dont have the a levels?!

is there anyway to become commisoned in the raf without a levels to start with, eg gaing them or equvilant qualifications whilst there. and what would be the time scale?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The minimum standard for entry as an Officer os 2 A levels/180 (?) UCAS pts. If you don't have those, you can't enter as an officer.

If you wanted to join in a trade, work your way up as an NCO for a few years while at the same time doing some A levels and/or BTECs/National Diplomas/whatever to get the qualification, then you can do it, but it is a much harder, much longer and much much more awkward route.

If you want to be an officer, go straight in as an officer. Take the time now to get the qualifications you need, it'll be far easier in the long run.

However, with ICT Tech being a technical trade, you'd probably be wanting to be an Engineer Officer, yes? In which case, the minimum qualification needed is an engineering degree.
macuser3
Rep:
?
Thank you, clears it up alot!

(Original post by Drewski)
However, with ICT Tech being a technical trade, you'd probably be wanting to be an Engineer Officer, yes? In which case, the minimum qualification needed is an engineering degree.
Nightmare!
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by macuser3)
Thank you, clears it up alot!

Nightmare!
If it was easy it wouldn't be something worth doing.
Miza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, recruitment is being slow right now, but hey, lets just wait for America to invade a new country, then hopefully it will pick up.
macuser3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
If it was easy it wouldn't be something worth doing.
I know, but I struggle sometimes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads