co-workers FROM HELL Watch

inapickle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
OH MY GOD I am actually going insane.

This new guy started a couple of months ago and he is like some kind of human-snail hybrid. He is so slow, it's unbelievable. He is practical-joke level slow.

I asked him to file some letters in a small filing cabinet. Easy task right? There was only 8 letters there, it shouldn't take 5 minutes. All he had to do was look at the surname on the letter, what letter of the alphabet does it start with? Smith - S. Find the S file in the filing cabinet (it's alphabetical, so it'll be towards the end). Put the letter in. Simples.

Half an hour ticks by and I wonder why he isn't back yet. I go into the room and he's managed to file 6 letters. He's busy reading the letters.

ARRGGHHH

It's not like we're running a team which is one man down, it's like he creates negative productivity. We can't work because we have to watch him, we can't leave him alone because he keeps filing things incorrectly (meaning they are impossible to find) or breaking machinery.

Even when he is walking around the building, he walks with this dazed, confused look on his face wandering slowly like he doesn't really know where he is going.

I used to love my job until they hired him. Now I dread coming in every day because he makes it so unbearable to work there.

RAGE

anyway - We have had a thread about customers from hell, so here is a thread to rant about your co-workers from hell.
CapnHooch
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does he leave a trail of slime when he moves around?
KNOB-head
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
is it
screenager2004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had this co-worker once who made really lewd, filthy sexual jokes to the female customers. One customer even slapped him over the counter once because he was joking about her tits. Never got fired though - was the boss's son.

That being said. I've also worked with someone who was the boss's son and he was a brilliant employee. He was really hard working and smart and friendly, because he cared about the business, even if he wasn't the boss's son he would definitely be my first choice for a promotion. So nepotism isn't always bad - it's only bad if the person is a crap employee!
Shroob
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Co-workers that don't pull their weight.

I was doing some temp. work and there were about 20 of us refitting the George section of an ASDA. Myself and this older man basically did all the work, the others lazed about talking, texting or moaning about how no one would employ them.... no wonder because they did no work.

Worked out well though, the supervisers were impressed with myself and the other guy and we got recommendations.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He sounds like how I'd act after being there for a few days, but seeing as he's been there for a couple of months... :lol:

Pour concentrated caffeine into his coffee in the mornings? :dontknow:
H.JJJ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have you asked him to work a bit quicker?
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can't you put in a complaint about him to the managers. I know that sounds a bit sneaky, but I know my manager wouldn't have kept someone so slow for longer than 2 weeks :/
trojan10_om
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
from hell... I dont work that well with Satan were both competing for the same promotion
lawology
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Invest in a whistle! Probably won't make him work any faster but it might make you feel better about it?
inapickle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by SpiritedAway)
Can't you put in a complaint about him to the managers. I know that sounds a bit sneaky, but I know my manager wouldn't have kept someone so slow for longer than 2 weeks :/
Here is the beautiful irony of it all. He is the son of one of the older members of staff.

When they held the interviews for the vacancy. Apart from him, they interviewed someone who had already worked there on a temporary contract, done very very well, had been a lovely team member, and now her temporary contract had ended, she wanted to work there permanently. She was already fully trained. But they turned her down for the son.
Another interviewee was someone with professional qualifications and years of experience in a similar office. They turned her down for this son.

It's quite a small office, they blatantly chose him out of nepotism so I reckon it would create some bad blood to complain.
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Then I would advise you to kick his arse into gear. When you set him a task, say "I want you back here in X-many minutes with it done" and if he's being slow say something like "well you've been here several months now, you should know how it goes. Any other member of staff would have taken just 2 mins to do that task". "Can you be a bit faster please!" Even if it creates some bad blood, because it's unfair on the rest of you. Or equally, if you all feel the same, get a group of you together and complaint. I might make the atmosphere with the other person tense, but surely s/he realises that their son is slow and if they lose their job, then its their own doing.
Moooooooose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I worked at Mcdonalds we had a lot of very pervy guys working there, generally foreign. This one guy kept asking me out on a date even though he's a foot shorter than me and 6 years older. Once he said to me on Facebook 'Why you no have time for me?' when I brushed him off. Urgh, so glad to have left. And all my co-workers were surprised I was English, as out of about 70 staff 3 were English. Felt odd being the minority there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (284)
37.67%
No - but I will (53)
7.03%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.29%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
48.01%

Watched Threads