Feeling for a taken girl Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Fancy this girl whos in a long distance relationship. Though I can contain my excitment when together - I don't think could do it much longer. Do I bottle the Feeling, Or man up to tell her it?
KNOB-head
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol puffter
CapnHooch
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You already know she's in a relationship, why try and ruin it.
Think about if the roles were reversed, would you be happy if some guy told your girlfriend they fancied her?
James4d
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1) Don't make a move on her. You have no right to ruin the relationship between her and her bf. If she has feelings for you, she may let you know (somehow) and then you can open up to her.

2) It takes time, and grafting. The frindzone is easy to manipulate into a relationship. Just be there for her, be funny, charming, nice, even flirt; but don't make any direct advances.

In the last year I made 2 girls who had bf's at the time fall for me. Both admitted their feelings before I did (maybe having a relationship gives them that extra confidence?). Anyway, I always stuck my morals; if they're taken, they're taken, you need to accept that and not make it your mission to ruin their relationship.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CapnHooch)
You already know she's in a relationship, why try and ruin it.
Think about if the roles were reversed, would you be happy if some guy told your girlfriend they fancied her?
The concept of golden rule is all & well. Though if a guy said that to my gf, I'd take it as complement, and trust her to turn him down.

(Original post by James4d)
1) Don't make a move on her. You have no right to ruin the relationship between her and her bf. If she has feelings for you, she may let you know (somehow) and then you can open up to her.

2) It takes time, and grafting. The frindzone is easy to manipulate into a relationship. Just be there for her, be funny, charming, nice, even flirt; but don't make any direct advances.
Wise words, not sure if I could pretend being just a friend when I have feeling - will see.
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

In the last year I made 2 girls who had bf's at the time fall for me. Both admitted their feelings before I did (maybe having a relationship gives them that extra confidence?). Anyway, I always stuck my morals; if they're taken, they're taken, you need to accept that and not make it your mission to ruin their relationship.
Who cares if she has a bf or not? Sex is sex.
James4d
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
Who cares if she has a bf or not? Sex is sex.

Its immoral, like stealing. Fair enough you can be a 'lad' about it and not give a ****, your choice, but it's not something I would feel good doing.
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its immoral, like stealing. Fair enough you can be a 'lad' about it and not give a ****, your choice, but it's not something I would feel good doing.
"Lad"? Hardly. And stealing isn't immoral. There's nothing wrong with taking what you want.
NaturalDisaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No. Never, ever make a move on somebody who's taken. If she breaks up with him, sure, go for it, but not while she's taken.
MathematicsKiller
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The unspoken Gentleman's Code of Conduct applies here.
James4d
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
"Lad"? Hardly. And stealing isn't immoral. There's nothing wrong with taking what you want.

Well by conventional morals, yes it is. Most people wouldnt steal from others due to that lil thing we call a conscience. Not everyone has one, and each one of ours affects us in a different way.

My general philosophy is do what the hell you want in life, as long as it doesnt unjustly hurt someone else. Taking what you want isn't wrong. Stealing what you want, is.
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well by conventional morals, yes it is. Most people wouldnt steal from others due to that lil thing we call a conscience. Not everyone has one, and each one of ours affects us in a different way.

My general philosophy is do what the hell you want in life, as long as it doesnt unjustly hurt someone else. Taking what you want isn't wrong. Stealing what you want, is.
Stealing isn't wrong. Possessions are a sin.
James4d
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
Stealing isn't wrong. Possessions are a sin.

Now you're just being purposefully vague.
Anonymous #1
so you guys see taking a girl in relationship as stealing?
LoveyRae
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Personally I'd say tell her - if she has feelings for you, she shouldn't be stringing her current boyfriend along and if she doesn't have feelings for you, it will help you move on and find someone else

Edit: the assumption is most posts seems to be that if you tell her, you're stealing her. She may not leave her current boyfriend. You're completely disregarding that girl's feelings in this scenario - girls don't just follow whoever likes them blindly, breaking hearts left, right and centre...
teenageclay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Fancy this girl whos in a long distance relationship. Though I can contain my excitment when together - I don't think could do it much longer. Do I bottle the Feeling, Or man up to tell her it?
All's fair in love and war brah, if you wanna go for it, go for it.

Just remember if it goes well for you, you're screwin' over another guy, and karma's a *****.

Also would a relationship or whatever born out of this girl cheating or breaking up with someone for you, wouldn't you always worry she'd do it to you?

Chance is there, just gotta make your choice
MrsRainey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
DO NOT DO IT! DON'T tell her!! If she's already got a boyfriend then she's clearly happy with him and doesn't want to be with you at the moment. I'm a girl in a long distance relationship myself, if some guy told me he fancied me it would probably ruin our friendship and I'd feel awkward as hell around him. And I don't know why everyone in this thread is assuming you're going to steal her like she's some kind of object that you can just take whenever you feel like it... grow up guys, if she has a boyfriend who she loves enough to be in a long-distance relationship with, she's not likely to want to cheat. The only good that can come of you telling her is getting it off your chest! Wait until she breaks up with this guy (if she does) or get over her.
teenageclay
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If she's willing to do it, she's willing to do it, end of.
Natsworthy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't do anything. Just move on and if she breaks up of her own accord then that's fair enough but don't play a part in that yourself.
teenageclay
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow everyone's so right and just now a days, I don't see the problem in expressing what you feel, because if she does feel the same way, her relationship is obviously not as good as it should be. If she doesn't then there'll be no problem, she'll just be like "sorry, I'm happy with my boyfriend etc etc don't see you like that"

Don't TRY and break them up but there's nothing wrong with confessing your feelings, in fact I encourage it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
38.94%
No - but I will (22)
5.29%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.56%

Watched Threads