Spotify offline mode on desktop? Watch

MyJunkIsYou
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I set up a premium spotify account today. I'm planning to use it on my ipod touch aswell as my laptop.

Is there a way of putting my spotify on my latop into offline mode other than by actually disconnecting my internet connection? I've set my playlists to available offline. What I was planning was to have my ipod online and able to stream music, and to use my desktop on offline mode (except when i want to get songs), however I'd still like to be able to use my internet connection to go on fb etc. on my laptop while i'm offline on spotify

Is this possible? If so could you tell me how.

Thanks

p.s i cannot find the answer on the spotify website
HilariousNinja
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do this sometimes. Go to preferences and scroll to the proxy bit. Instead of no proxy select any of the the options and also put in random characters in the boxes underneath (host, password, username)
MyJunkIsYou
Rep:
?
(Original post by HilariousNinja)
I do this sometimes. Go to preferences and scroll to the proxy bit. Instead of no proxy select any of the the options and also put in random characters in the boxes underneath (host, password, username)
I just tried this, it still says in the right hand corner that i'm connected? and I was still able to search for a song and stream it. Thanks for the suggestion but i don't think it has worked?
HilariousNinja
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your settings should be like this.
MyJunkIsYou
Rep:
?
(Original post by HilariousNinja)
Your settings should be like this.
Thanks, I will try that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (378)
37.31%
No - but I will (77)
7.6%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (487)
48.08%

Watched Threads