Why Unconditional? Watch

itsmyname
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
#1
I'm on a gap year, as I done my A2's badly during my second year of college I decided to resit some A2 exams, and do UCAS at the same time as current A2 students would be doing.

Now I already had 200 ucas points (CCE), before even applying for UCAS. Why is it then that when I got a reply from a uni, they gave me a conditional offer for 200 points when I already have them?

I'm predicted 260 UCAS points since im resitting some A2 exams, so thats what I put as my predicted grades on ucas. But I also put grades acheived

SO why am I getting conditional? Is this normal?
0
reply
cvqw1278
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#2
Report 7 years ago
#2
Maybe it is just a computerised system - they see that you are retaking exams, so they automatically put conditional?
I wouldn't worry too much about it.
0
reply
itsmyname
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
#3
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
#3
Cool so i'm safe then? They can't turn around on results day and tell me to **** off?
0
reply
anythingbutord
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
#4
Report 7 years ago
#4
(Original post by itsmyname)
I'm on a gap year, as I done my A2's badly during my second year of college I decided to resit some A2 exams, and do UCAS at the same time as current A2 students would be doing.

Now I already had 200 ucas points (CCE), before even applying for UCAS. Why is it then that when I got a reply from a uni, they gave me a conditional offer for 200 points when I already have them?

I'm predicted 260 UCAS points since im resitting some A2 exams, so thats what I put as my predicted grades on ucas. But I also put grades acheived

SO why am I getting conditional? Is this normal?
What's the exact offer text? They haven't specified any exam dates or anything have they? If not, just give them a ring and they should confirm you (make you unconditional) within a week or so.
0
reply
0201Bean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#5
Report 7 years ago
#5
(Original post by itsmyname)
Cool so i'm safe then? They can't turn around on results day and tell me to **** off?
A guy at our sixth form is in the same position. He's got a conditional offer, but already has the points. I advised him to email/ring the admissions officer and notify them that he already has those points, just in case anything weird happens on results day. That way he's covered, and they can may be explain the offer a bit more?
0
reply
itsmyname
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
#6
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
#6
Oh man, now I'm worried that when I ring them up to ask about it they'll realise they've made a mistake and increase the ucas requirements
0
reply
itsmyname
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
#7
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
#7
(Original post by anythingbutord)
What's the exact offer text? They haven't specified any exam dates or anything have they? If not, just give them a ring and they should confirm you (make you unconditional) within a week or so.
Nope, all it says on the decision bit on UCAS track is; This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 200 UCAS Tariff points
from at least 2 GCE A levels or AVCEs
0
reply
itsmyname
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
#8
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
#8
So i phoned them up, and they asked me to send them my certificates so they can change the offer to unconditional.

I stupidly forgot to tell them that i have to reply to my offers by Thursday, and what if they don't receive my certificates by then, or the system doesn't change the offer to unconditional by Thursday?

I want to go there too, so regardless of the system change or not, should I still choose that University as my firm?
0
reply
mr tim
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
#9
Report 7 years ago
#9
I am pretty much sure they can still change it even if you have already made your decisions. I think it happened in the past not sure.

If not, then even if you get lower grades in your retakes, I am pretty sure that the Uni can see your best grades.
0
reply
anythingbutord
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
#10
Report 7 years ago
#10
(Original post by itsmyname)
So i phoned them up, and they asked me to send them my certificates so they can change the offer to unconditional.

I stupidly forgot to tell them that i have to reply to my offers by Thursday, and what if they don't receive my certificates by then, or the system doesn't change the offer to unconditional by Thursday?

I want to go there too, so regardless of the system change or not, should I still choose that University as my firm?
If it's going to be your firm choice, then yes, firm now and they will confirm you rather than make an Unconditional Offer - the outcome will be the same.
1
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (458)
38.04%
No - but I will (91)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (84)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.43%

Watched Threads

View All