The Student Room Group

Higher History!!!

Scroll to see replies

And I am still waiting on 2 essays from my history teacher :rolleyes: God she is far too slow!
Reply 41
Original post by AbigailTM
Hey guys!!
Do you think its a bad idea for me to just ignore democracy of Britain and focus more on women, liberal reforms and labour/welfare state?

Also, anyone here doing USA? I'm seriously worrying about that part of it!!

it's not a bad idea. I did just that, I completely ditched democracy.
Original post by Martyna156
it's not a bad idea. I did just that, I completely ditched democracy.

but.. but democracy is 1337.
Reply 43
Original post by chr1stopher11
but.. but democracy is 1337.

what? I'm sure she's talking about the reforms passed up until 1928.
what? I'm sure she's talking about the reforms passed up until 1928.

LOL no I'm talking about 1337 as leet (elite) not the date 1337 :biggrin: It is video gaming speak. Basically I was saying that democracy is an amazing topic :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by chr1stopher11
LOL no I'm talking about 1337 as leet (elite) not the date 1337 :biggrin: It is video gaming speak. Basically I was saying that democracy is an amazing topic :smile:

Halo FTW!
Original post by Inheritorz
Halo FTW!

Lol, I don't play Halo. PC gaming is where it is at yo! :biggrin:
Original post by laridum
Yeah, that's the issues list I was talking about. The question in the Grade Booster is "How successfully did Germany pursue its foreign policy between 1933 and 1939?" or something. I don't know if I'm just being dim. Would it come under the success of British foreign policy (issue 4)? I might just email my lecturer about it. :erm:

I think it comes under issue 2 about assessing the methods used by nazi germany. Issue 4 is just about Britain
Reply 48
Original post by christopherp42
I think it comes under issue 2 about assessing the methods used by nazi germany. Issue 4 is just about Britain

Yeah, most people have said that. The Grade Booster made it sound like it was similar to issue 4, except about Germany. But issues 2 and 4 are the ones I'm not preparing for anyway.
Reply 49
hi guys, good discussion going on here!

I knows both liberals and labour reforms both very well , however slightly concerned that either will not come up.

Would someone be able to suggest what to revise for democracy? im aware of some of the reforms like 1867 but if someone could bullet things to learn about to answer a democracy q it would be great!

Reply 50
I feel like I'm spamming all these threads, but:

A quick question about issue 6 in the appeasement topic: can they ask, for example, "To what extent was ____ the reason behind the British government's decision to abandon appeasement?"
Does anyone have any quotes for Russia? I can't find any at all for any part Russia :frown: I have some on the civil war but i'm looking for quotes more to do with how the Tsar maintained power up until 1905 and the attempts to stengthen Tsarism:s
Original post by laridum
I feel like I'm spamming all these threads, but:

A quick question about issue 6 in the appeasement topic: can they ask, for example, "To what extent was ____ the reason behind the British government's decision to abandon appeasement?"

yes they can
Reply 53
OH WHAT? WHO TOLD YOU THAT? THAT'S MY BEST TOPIC! :eek:

My History teacher. He might have told me a load of crap, but apparently my History department has seen the paper and that there isn't a Welfare State one.

Sorry. Best of luck to you.
Reply 54
Original post by christopherp42
yes they can

Thanks. I'm making up questions to do but wasn't sure if they could ask a question specifically about that.
I'm doing:
Britain
- Liberal Reforms (why)
- Liberal Reforms ( how successful)
- Democracy
- Women

German
- Hilter (How he came to power)
- Hitler (How he stayed in power)
Nationalism
Unionism

D:
Reply 56
Original post by Venomous9
My History teacher. He might have told me a load of crap, but apparently my History department has seen the paper and that there isn't a Welfare State one.

Sorry. Best of luck to you.

No one hold me to this, but my History teacher has told me otherwise. Due to the "random" way in which the questions are chosen, if no Welfare/Labour questions came up, then there would be no Fascism questions. If that were the case, a large majority of people would fail considering many schools only teach the Fascism part of the German/Italian topics. I wouldn't worry too much about it, since there has been a question concerning the two every year, as well as Fascist question.

Anyway, I'm doing Liberal reforms, Labour Welfare State, Italian Nationalism, Unification and Facism. Not been taught democracy, and have suffrage as a back-up, but I don't know that well at all. :frown:
Original post by AminahEmm
hey see for your appeasement section, are you learning about both the essays ?

An evaluation of the reasons for the British policy of appeasement, 1936-1938.

An assessment of the success of British foreign policy in containing fascist aggression, 1935 March 1938.

Yes.
I'm just going purely on the Rise of the Nazis 1919 to 1933, and the Beverage Report essay. Just those two. What are the odds that those two come up?
Reply 59
Original post by distinctspy
I'm just going purely on the Rise of the Nazis 1919 to 1933, and the Beverage Report essay. Just those two. What are the odds that those two come up?

they're both really likely to come up. I hope Labour comes up, because I wrote my extended essay on it, and I know a lot about it : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending