Why do girls always expect the guy to do all the talking on a date? Watch

AdamR89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't getting to know someone a "two way thing"...? Maybe I'm picking the wrong girls, but the last two dates I went on, I had to talk a lot and make conversation, otherwise they would've just sat there in silence all night. At times they asked me questions, but not often. I felt really awkward to be honest, and I really wanted to get up, say "f--k this, i'm out" and walk out, but I didn't because I was being polite. Anyway, needless to say I didn't contact them again.
So girls, why are you such hard work on a date? Why can't you make it easier by actually talking and getting to know the guy as well?
hxecute
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AdamR89)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't getting to know someone a "two way thing"...? Maybe I'm picking the wrong girls, but the last two dates I went on, I had to talk a lot and make conversation, otherwise they would've just sat there in silence all night. At times they asked me questions, but not often. I felt really awkward to be honest, and I really wanted to get up, say "f--k this, i'm out" and walk out, but I didn't because I was being polite. Anyway, needless to say I didn't contact them again.
So girls, why are you such hard work on a date? Why can't you make it easier by actually talking and getting to know the guy as well?
Story of my life...
Sheens
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe you go for shy girls. I remember my first ever date and I didn't say a word.... bless him, luckily he gave me another chance and we went out for 5 years. I was just incredibly shy.

You can't shut me up on dates now... in fact I think I scare men off as they don't get a word in edge ways.
Neomaster121
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
too see how long you can last without making a fool of yourself
Pink Bullets
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like how you consider two a big enough sample size to make a judgement about half the world's population... :rofl:
surina_xxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i'm a girl and i don't think that a guy has to do all the talking on a first date!
Harry.C
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xXFuPRCNMB...g_2-722302.jpg

In my experience, they rarely shut up.
RequiemForADream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow, so just 2 dates equals a big enough sample to judge all girls? :lolwut:

EDIT: Beat me to it...

(Original post by Pink Bullets)
I like how you consider two a big enough sample size to make a judgement about half the world's population... :rofl:
Notorious.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends on the personality of the girl really, but if chemistry is flowing and the date is going well it's doubtful that you'll notice this.

Clearly the dates you went on weren't meant to be, if a girl was too quiet for your liking you should be thankful you got out of it when you did.
xnatalie01x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm a girl and I've never had this on dates, although I'm the one that never shuts up haha
Alison1992
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the wrong girls i think darling
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've actually found the opposite; that it was me who had to make the extra effort to make the conversation because the guy was being quiet. However, if conversation is difficult, even after an hour or 2, it's probably (not always) not going to be the best or most successful relationship. I guess when it's right, it's easy.
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm pretty shy, but I'd still talk a far bit in a date situation! Perhaps you're choosing the wrong girls, or you're starting on conversation topics that, for whatever reason, aren't leading to stimulating discussion. I don't know. But don't write off half the world's population on the basis of a few girls.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So two girls who wanted you to speak first means that all girls want that? :facepalm:

Maybe you're intimidating/ talk about yourself too much and bore them?
Nick Longjohnson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
All girls want someone "who can hold an interesting conversation", even if they can't...
Cicerao
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe you're just boring as ****.
BeritV
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ever considered that maybe you didn't give them enough space to talk?... mmm..
tsr_clueless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
maybe they were being polite enough not to ditch you, but not polite enough to make an effort into a guy they didn't like? maybe they were both sitting there thinking omg, i'm not saying a word and this guy wont shut the **** up, anyone else would have walked out by now, wtf do i have to do, omg he must be desparate, oh well, i'll just wait it out, maybe he'll pay for my meal if i just continue to nod and smile. maybe your hot but boring?
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
cos they're like that, its annoying

and the thing is, if what you say is interesting, and they lead the conversation down some banal path like what you do for work or where you're from, they'll blame you for the bad interaction even though it was them who started talking about it
ChaoticMaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ask the right questions and the conversation will just flow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (254)
38.84%
No - but I will (45)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.09%

Watched Threads