Braces at uni Watch

LadyLondoner
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey everyone, so I'm going to be getting braces in about a month for a long time (18-24 months), and ill be going to university in september 2011.
Obviously, this is really annoying but I want to know if you met someone with braces would that put you off a bit? (in both friendship and relationship aspects?)
tigermoth99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think people will mind if you have them or not, tbh. A person is a person, no matter if they have braces or not.
lee.hannah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
braces don't improve someone's appearance but they don't take away from it much either. as long as you don't treat them like a big deal i.e. dont cover your mouth when you laugh etc. no one else will

plus most people these days have had braces at some point so they'll understand more. we've all been there
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's no big deal.
danni-128
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
doesnt matter at all! just be confident with them and no one will take much notice
Valia99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
out of interest: Is there a possibility of wearing them just for sleep so that you don't have to walk in them ?
smartini
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just got my braces off after 2 years, and I can tell you from my experience people really only ever noticed it once. Meeting someone with braces is not a put-off at all. And as mentioned earlier, almost everyone has gone through it at some point! And I'm sure at university there will be some people with braces too! As long as you're comfortable with it- everyone else will be too! Don't worry; and good luck!

Getting used to it is a pain, but once you are- it's hard to even feel that they're there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads