The Student Room Group

I have a thing for girls who are well spoken/posh accents etc. Anyone else the same?

I love girls who are well spoken and have that posh accent that goes along with it. Luckily enough, I went to visit a friend at his University down in Bristol and I think I must of been one of the few "common" people there lol. Anyway, my friend isn't posh but he has wealthy parents, therefore he gets the best of everything. He introduced me to a few of his friends, including a few females, and their accents were amazing. I loved how they spoke so softly and well mannered. It was so refreshing to hear, unlike the type of people you get in London and the south east of England.

Scroll to see replies

nom nom nom

ever seen "how not to live your life"
meets a really posh girl who's into really kinky stuff :sexface:
It just puts me off when girls use slang of any sort... Accents don't really matter to me, as long as she is grammatically correct and can always speak as well as she would for an interview of some sorts...
Reply 3
I have a pretty standard/well-spoken accent...my grandma and uncle, however...are Brummies. :P
Reply 4
I do find RP accents mysteriously very attractive on some girls, but I'd take massive issue with the sort of person who thought that accent made them superior to me; I sound very Yorkshire compared to most people, and while I may have near-perfect grammar when I type, I don't when I speak. I agree that they can be a really attractive thing, but for me it's just about how they sound and not about the social trappings that come with them.
Original post by i'm cool yeah?
nom nom nom

ever seen "how not to live your life"
meets a really posh girl who's into really kinky stuff :sexface:

I watched that, having no idea what it was about and it was absolutely hilarious!
Reply 6
I'm not attracted to posh accents, but I am put off by really common accents, girls who don't speak properly. I myself am far from posh, in fact I can't stand snobs, but I do find girls who are classy really appealing.
Agreed, it is so hot.
Reply 8
I wholeheartedly agree! Well spoken girls with posh English accents sound adorable.
I'm the opposite.
Reply 10
I know what you mean. Well articulated English English accents - nom.
Although I still maintain you can't beat a guy with a good Irish accent!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mrbuster
] I think I must of been one of the few "common" people there .

I'm not surprised if you type 'must have' as 'must of'...
I really like Les Savy Fav.
inferiority complex *cough*
Reply 14
I love girls who are well spoken and have that posh accent that goes along with it. Luckily enough, I went to visit a friend at his University down in Bristol and I think I must of been one of the few "common" people there lol. Anyway, my friend isn't posh but he has wealthy parents, therefore he gets the best of everything. He introduced me to a few of his friends, including a few females, and their accents were amazing. I loved how they spoke so softly and well mannered. It was so refreshing to hear, unlike the type of people you get in London and the south east of England.

I have a thing for wanting to offer such women wealth management services.
Hello. :sexface:

I have a posh accent even though I'm not posh at all, not sure how that happened tbh.

everybody loves posh totty. well-educated, well-groomed, what's not to like?
Reply 17
No, not me. They're probably uptight, snobby, spoilt brats. Irish girls, though = :coma:.
Reply 18
Original post by hxecute
It just puts me off when girls use slang of any sort... Accents don't really matter to me, as long as she is grammatically correct and can always speak as well as she would for an interview of some sorts...

+1 for you, sir.
Accent is hot but if it comes with a better-than-you attitude she can **** right off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending