Changing university! Watch

honoris
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I hold conditional firm and insurance offers for a very competitive degree however I am really not happy with my insurance, and I think it a silly statement that one is obliged to go to a university, as if by law we are not allowed to change. I know it would be impossible to manage otherwise but I would still like to know my options. If I keep my uniiversity choices I would like to do a more quantitative degree.

Firm - University of Nottingham
Insurance Hertfordshire
I understand one can ask to change course within the university.
I am really unhappy with my insurance university. To change my insurance could I ask my insurance to reject me, (ask my firm to reject me then accept me again) and apply for another insurance through extra?

Option B - change both:
I really want to go to Warwick, would I be able to contact warwick ask if they would accept me if they say yes, could I ask my firm and insurance to reject me and accept Warwick?

Is it worth contacting Warwick now with a short email ?

Option C - Keep choices but ask for a cange of course to the department I wish to change to, this woudn't affect my original offer if they say no and cause dispute?

Thanks
Sharri5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by honoris)
I hold conditional firm and insurance offers for a very competitive degree however I am really not happy with my insurance, and I think it a silly statement that one is obliged to go to a university, as if by law we are not allowed to change. I know it would be impossible to manage otherwise but I would still like to know my options. If I keep my uniiversity choices I would like to do a more quantitative degree.

Insurance Hertfordshire
I am really unhappy with my insurance university. To change my insurance could I ask my insurance to reject me, (ask my firm to reject me then accept me again) and apply for another insurance through extra?

Option B - change both:
I really want to go to Warwick, would I be able to contact warwick ask if they would accept me if they say yes, could I ask my firm and insurance to reject me and accept Warwick?

Option C - Keep choices but ask for a cange of course to the department I wish to change to, this woudn't affect my original offer if they say no and cause dispute?

Thanks
Sorry, Im a potential international student and decided to take this moment to hijack your thread-jk. but just wondering, is it possible to transfer from one university to another---once you've already began attending the first?
honoris
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sharri5)
Sorry, Im a potential international student and decided to take this moment to hijack your thread-jk. but just wondering, is it possible to transfer from one university to another---once you've already began attending the first?
I think it's possibe once the first year has been completed to switch onto the same course at year one again at a different institution, providing they want you.
honoris
Rep:
?
?????????????????
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by honoris)
I think it a silly statement that one is obliged to go to a university, as if by law we are not allowed to change. I know it would be impossible to manage otherwise but I would still like to know my options.
You're not. To begin with, there is no way a uni can force you to go there - you can choose to not come September, nothing they can do, it's not a contract. Secondly, there are a lot of ways around the UCAS system, although they won't all work for one person...

Insurance Hertfordshire
Unfortunately not - if you apply through Extra, you have to hold no other offers and therefore you'll only end up with a firm. Also, there is increasing evidence from this year and last that you cannot use Extra if you've already firmed/insured.

Option B - change both:

(I'm assuming you applied to and rejected Warwick.) If it's been less than a fortnight since you replied, you can do this by ringing UCAS - you get a fourteen day grace period in which you can change your mind about firm and insurance, and UCAS should be able to retrieve that Warwick offer for you.

If it's after fourteen days, contact all parties concerned; it's much less likely you'll be able to do it, but worth an ask.

That's more than possible and shouldn't affect your current offers at all.
honoris
Rep:
?
Okay I suppose it's alot easier to keep the universities and maybe switch courses, otherwise I can go into clearing on results day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed