Do I need revision notes? Or just read from book? Watch

1996student
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am in a huuuuuuuge dilemma. I have been making notes 4 2 weeks but nothing is going in. IM doing GCSE exams for science business and re first. How should i revise for them the notes arent working and r wasting so much time cuz my exams are in a few weeks and i havnt learnt a single thing. I feel if i write notes then i cover all topics well but it wastes a lot of time and doesnt help me memorise. At least i dont think it does. FOr my it gcse last year i made a whole folder of notes and none of it was used in the end. Many ppl say read from book and make notes on hard topics but i do and the reading doesnt help me remember either. i dont have a revision technique. pls help... what do u do and what should i do for my gcse exams. theres too much too learn and make notes on but i dont want to get bad grades...
Oswald Mosley
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
GCSE exams are so easy you can't really fail - no matter how little you know about a subject. I didn't do an ounce of revision for any of my GCSE's and got acceptable results, so just relax and take it as it comes.
The Polar Dude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There r many different techniques to revise but what seperates the best from the rest is HOW you revise I.e how effective

Notes r a great way to revise; condensed into precise straightforward points but reading it will not keep it in your head but RECALL will. It's vital IMO but others can just read n memorise the textbook
ju1c
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Reading the book and copying down the main points.

Say if there is a page in the revision book only make around 1/4 of the notes on a piece of paper or on microsoft word.

In my revision book for one unit there are 60 pages. Out of those 60 pages, I've made notes which consist of 9 pages. After you finish making notes go over them and constantly do past papers
snowfox4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If your not to keen on note-making and prefer ready-made revision notes, you could consider revision cards ready-made for GCSE

I have resources put up on my blog. I'll find the link.

http://studyguidedirectory.blogspot....-revision.html

On there is also information on how to make your own Revision Cards etc.

If you do think you want to make notes I also have resources on my blog about Mind Maps and other memory techniques.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads