iphone off ebay, or on contract Watch

garyleeds
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all,
Really want either a i phone or a htc desire hd, if i get a iphone would want to get one off ebay but cant gurantee if it will work anyone ever bought one of there...?

HTC or Iphone on contract...???
cheers guys
pookababes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I bought an iPhone 3gs of ebay last year, and then got a pay monthly sim contract- it worked out much cheaper than going on the iPhone contract.
The pay monthly sim contract I've got at the moment is £12.50/month unlimited internet, unlimited texts and 200mins. I would definately buy the iPhone of eBay and get a sim only contract- make sure you check feedback etc first before bidding/buying
RedGuy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Neither - http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/28/s...y-s-ii-review/

Good deal here - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sams.../930088?page=1
garyleeds
Rep:
?
yeahh thats what i was thinking of doing ... how much your iphone cost you on ebay...?and which network you with for sim only??
thanks
pookababes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Umm, it was like £370, but would be cheaper now I'm guessing?! Unless you're going for an iPhone 4
T-mobile, although I was already a customer and then did some haggling with them to get that deal haha. Which ever network you're with at the moment phone up their customer service and just say you want a better deal or you are switching network- they'll do whatever they can to make you stay on their network!
UnderBoss Dhruva
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by garyleeds)
Hi all,
Really want either a i phone or a htc desire hd, if i get a iphone would want to get one off ebay but cant gurantee if it will work anyone ever bought one of there...?

HTC or Iphone on contract...???
cheers guys
eBay is legitimate, it all depends on the person you are buying from, if it is a brand new handset from well known mobile phone sellers on ebay such as eCELL are very reliable, however if you are buying from general eBay users, be very careful with the item description and pictures, i'v been tricked into buying many items and getting returns or partial returns are a lot of hassle, and not to forget you also look at the feedback, if the user has quite a lot of feedback lets say 500 with 100% positive, that is what i would consider a experienced eBay'er and most likely they are not the ones who would be summoning a trap.

good luck with your purchase
ophqui
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yep. I got an iphone 3g for 130, and im on a 10 quid a month contract with tesco (500 mins unlimited texts unlimited internet). Much cheaper and im not locked into any stupid contracts, could have bought a newer iphone for a bit more but to be honest i cant really see the difference between them so i'll wait until one is significantly better before i bother upgrading. Iphones are pretty cool though as a person who just wants ease of use and a few nice toys to play with, no need for all that android fannying on
searchingshadow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ophqui)
yep. I got an iphone 3g for 130, and im on a 10 quid a month contract with tesco (500 mins unlimited texts unlimited internet). Much cheaper and im not locked into any stupid contracts, could have bought a newer iphone for a bit more but to be honest i cant really see the difference between them so i'll wait until one is significantly better before i bother upgrading. Iphones are pretty cool though as a person who just wants ease of use and a few nice toys to play with, no need for all that android fannying on
your right the iphone 3g/3gs/4g all do pretty much the same thing ... ones slightly faster and the other has face time ... not worth it.

im holding out for the iphone 8gs
ophqui
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by searchingshadow)
your right the iphone 3g/3gs/4g all do pretty much the same thing ... ones slightly faster and the other has face time ... not worth it.

im holding out for the iphone 8gs
if the battery life is significantly better on the 5g then i'll go for it. Im sick of mine running out towards the end of the day if i use it a lot at work and dont charge it while im there. Other than that i dont think theres really a lot more i want in a phone. It makes calls and texts, it checks my emails, it entertains me while im having a poo. Thats all i really need
garyleeds
Rep:
?
(Original post by ophqui)

thanks for help, thats a well good 1 month contract deal, is that on there website or did you have to haggle them...??
Wata
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-iPhone-3...item35b1a640c0
an_end_has_a_start
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
don't bother with ebay, well i wouldn't anyway; far too many dodgy ones kicking around on there.

go for a contract but to be honest I'd wait out until the iphone 5 comes out if you want an iphone because the iphone 4 just *might* come down a little in price
ophqui
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by garyleeds)
thanks for help, thats a well good 1 month contract deal, is that on there website or did you have to haggle them...??

Well its not exactly on the website no, but i only asked what the sim only rates were i didnt haggle as such. just give them a call and tell them you've got a mate with this deal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (477)
38.19%
No - but I will (95)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (87)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (590)
47.24%

Watched Threads