Shall I move back into halls? Watch

Alice_G
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Dear all,
I have recently been considering moving back into halls as I haven't really got on well with the housemates I have lived with over the past 2 years. By moving back into halls on campus I feel I would benefit from the wider community where I can meet far more people as opposed to being stuck with the people you live with. My only problem is, and I know this sounds pathetic, but as I am a part-time 3rd year and lived in halls during my first year, I feel it may be too stark a reminder of that year-the elation I felt in having 2 more years of adventure but now this may well be my last. I know this may upset me. However I am also looking for ways to stay on at uni for another year without doing a post grad.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Alice_G
Holly Hiskey
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm moving back into halls because it's cheaper and I like the convenience of only having to move 10 yards every time I want to see someone. Also I'd prefer not to have to think about bills and everything during my last year!
superwolf
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You might want to check you haven't missed the deadline for applying for next year, I don't know about other unis but the Manchester one ran out a couple of months ago for returning students.

I'm moving back into halls next year because I took a couple of years off and all the people I knew have moved on. So I'm hoping I'll meet some new people in halls. To be honest I never really thought about comparing it with first year, back then I lived in a very noisy, busy halls which was perfect for first year, but this time I'm taking a quieter option since I'll be focussing more on studying (or at least I hope I will, otherwise I'm ****ed). So I imagine it'll be quite a different experience from the last time either of us lived in halls, and if you want to meet new people this'll probably be a great way of doing it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads