I am jealous of my own girlfriend's career success, fee like I'm holding her back. Watch

The Champ is here
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My girlfriend has a great job working in the Fashion industry, therefore her job sometimes includes going to New York, L.A, Italy, France, Spain, and on the very rare occasion she will have to go out to Australia, Asia or South America. She loves her job, and I am really happy about it. It's just I tend to keep thinking that I'm holding her back and maybe she needs someone who's as busy as she is, maybe someone equally as successful. Since I left University, I haven't done anything with my degree, and the only work available to me is Temp work, which involves basic salary. I want to actually do something with my life, and I feel like I'm a hinderance to my girlfriend. And even though she doesn't say anything, maybe she does feel like that at times. She says she "loves me" this and that, but I still have these thoughts in my head.
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol at your username considering the thread

Try and get a better job man
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you're going to leave her anyway I recommend mooching like there's no tomorrow until she leaves you, that way at least you get something out of breaking up with this successful, jetsetting woman who loves you.
Crash_Brinicombe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you feel like you're holding her back and you don't want to then do something about it and work hard at finding a better job. That'll probably help the relationship too because you'll probably feel better about you and her.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe ask her?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads