screen protector on a touchscreen phone Watch

The-Real-One
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My first touchscreen phone, the Samsung Galaxy S2, THE phone of 2011 will come on Wednesday.

The question is would putting a screen protector on a touchcreen phone interfere with the touch aspect of the screen? Like make it worse. I'm not sure since I've only used keypad ones before.
KissMyArtichoke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
doesn't seem to with ipods and iphones, so probably not
Right Guard 3.D
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got one for my ipod touch when I first got it, and it just attracted fingerprints which couldnt be wiped off and was a general annoyance. And inhibited the screen in my opinion.

I wouldnt get one personally, and if you want protection for the screen, just buy a sock or something and then you will be fine
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nah. I've had 4 touch screens now and it doesn't make all the much difference. The Galaxy S is responsive, so I'm sure the S2 will be the same, or even better. The screen protector will make a slight difference, but it's very insignificant. I wouldn't not get a screen protector for that reason; a scratched up screen feels horrible.
LetoKynes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't feel any difference personally, but I do feel that it attracts more fingerprints.. but I can live with that.

I got annoyed as **** when I was trying to get it on without any bubbles trapped underneath though
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, capacitive touch screens work by (as wikipedia put it) "detecting distortions in the screen's electrostatic field". A screen protector does not impede the conduction of this signal.
The-Real-One
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by LetoKynes)
I don't feel any difference personally, but I do feel that it attracts more fingerprints.. but I can live with that.

I got annoyed as **** when I was trying to get it on without any bubbles trapped underneath though
The sandworm is coming my friend...

I heard that you're supposed to make the screen "moist" before putting one on, either with water or some sort of screen cleaner; apparently that makes the bubbles go away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.61%
No - but I will (4)
3.42%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.27%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (64)
54.7%

Watched Threads