(male) is it normal Im fussy about my hair? Watch

Joe-the-Student
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I know that it seems fashionable at the moment for guys to have very short hair/shaven heads, but that looks doesnt and never has suited me. Im 19 and my hair is ridiculously thick and fast growing. Its multitone brown/blonde naturally with almost black roots and grows in a wavy shaggy style like this:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/attach/jpg.gif

thing is I've always wanted bolt straight hair so I can have it long or in big spikes like 80's hair metal.

I was considering growing the back of it and just having a shorter fringe and top that I can gel and spike easily and put the back in a pony tail or something.

I know Im definatly in for some abuse for coming across as a bit fussy about my hair, especially for a guy, but I just cant get my head around how strange I think shaven heads look on people my age or younger (especially on children).

Anyway I need some suggestions on what people might think would suit me if Im going to keep growing it
Attached files
mandingo666
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You have very feminine eyes (do you shape your brows as well?) and I think you would look much better getting rid of the length. You don't have to go down the short back and sides route but maybe something similar to David Beckham's at the moment but a bit longer?

From your idea of growing the back and spiking the top reminds me of something like a weird mullet?!

Edit: Just realised you must have meant one of those punk rocker looks.
SchadenfreudeDude
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You look a bit like a friend of mine.
CandyCandy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i think is a little bit too long..and too emo
byw youre very cute ,i wouldn't mind giving you a haircut :sexface:
Paul McCartney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're cute But you should definitely cut your hair.
Joe-the-Student
Rep:
?
(Original post by CandyCandy)
I get the emo comment a lot, mostly I left it because Im not sure what kind of style I want it really. I like the length, but Im not too keen on these fashionable shaven heads I see everywhere. If it wasnt so wavy or thick Id have it lots of spikes but the weight and curlyness of it make it difficult to do that
Joe-the-Student
Rep:
?
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please attatch a link
Joe-the-Student
Rep:
?
(Original post by CandyCandy)
Thanks
Joe-the-Student
Rep:
?
(Original post by mandingo666)
You have very feminine eyes (do you shape your brows as well?) and I think you would look much better getting rid of the length. You don't have to go down the short back and sides route but maybe something similar to David Beckham's at the moment but a bit longer?

From your idea of growing the back and spiking the top reminds me of something like a weird mullet?!

Edit: Just realised you must have meant one of those punk rocker looks.
I dont actually do anything with my eyebrows to be honest, they just do whatever. My eyes, I get told that alot but I look a lot like my mother so I can understand that...and the insensitive idiot further down who recons Im a transexual (dumbass)

anyway I dont pay much attention to the Beckhams but I know if I could pull of certain haircuts I'd go with something a little like this attatchment, maybe shorter I don't know...
Attached files
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A bit of unnecessary abuse in this thread...you don't look like a ****** brah don't worry.

I'm not really sure. I think you could get a bit trimmed off the length without going too short and it'd look good. Say a couple of inches. I don't think the back would look good long if I'm honest. Keep a bit of a fringe but don't have so much in your face. Ask the hairdresser to cut into it, add some texture and stuff, maybe some layers.

Oh who am I kidding. I'm no good at this. I just go into a hairdressers and say "er, yeah, just like...trim it and stuff, whatever really"
mandingo666
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Joe-the-Student)
I dont actually do anything with my eyebrows to be honest, they just do whatever. My eyes, I get told that alot but I look a lot like my mother so I can understand that...and the insensitive idiot further down who recons Im a transexual (dumbass)

anyway I dont pay much attention to the Beckhams but I know if I could pull of certain haircuts I'd go with something a little like this attatchment, maybe shorter I don't know...

Yeh definitely will have to be shorter the maintenance would be ridiculous, I can't really think of a style but something to neutralise your soft features would do you good.

Also loosing the face fuzz or going for more of a stubble look could look good.
samuelarnold
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
According to me, this hair style suits you.Don't cut it off. it giving you a model look.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads