Economics: Dundee or Aberdeen. Watch

Paulotr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello. Which university would you choose for studying Economics for undergraduate studies? They go almost in the same place at, for instance, The Guardian University guide, so it's so hard to choose one of these. Although, social life and living in Aberdeen is well prepared and looks quite good for me
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Aberdeen is generally seen as more prestigious than Dundee (with a few exceptions, Economics not being one of them)
Paulotr
Rep:
?
But If I chose BSc Economics at Dundee and MA at Aberdeen, does this changes anything talking about better choice? As far as I'm concerned, I would like to have some more maths included and as I know, it is better to have such course. Am I right?
Delaney
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Paulotr)
But If I chose BSc Economics at Dundee and MA at Aberdeen, does this changes anything talking about better choice? As far as I'm concerned, I would like to have some more maths included and as I know, it is better to have such course. Am I right?
As far as Aberdeen is concerned, the MA and BSc only defines what other subjects you are able to do in years 1 and 2. For example with Mathematics it is available as an MA or a BSc - you are taught the same stuff in Mathematics but if you do an MA, you can take Arts/Soc. Sci. subjects and if you do the BSc you can do science subjects.
Paulotr
Rep:
?
So in this case you would still suggest taking Aberdeen university for studying economics rather than Dundee?
Delaney
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Paulotr)
So in this case you would still suggest taking Aberdeen university for studying economics rather than Dundee?
Definitely don't make your mind up on my opinion. Nobody else has posted here so try posting your thread in the Economics forum - they'll be able to give you a better idea but I imagine the consensus will be that Aberdeen is 'better' .

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=34
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (122)
39.74%
No - but I will (16)
5.21%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.51%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.53%

Watched Threads