Piercing advice? Watch

LoveErinxo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm getting my ears re-pierced, because they closed up last time. I'm actually going to a professional place this time, where they use a needle instead of a gun, and I've been told I'll be allowed to get both my lobes AND my cartilage done at the same time.
This may sound ridiculous, but does anyone know if I'll be allowed to get a second lobe piercing as well? Like, three piercings on the same day? Can that legally be done? (I've already got a couple of piercings, so I'm not worried about pain or anything.)
MutantGecko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you can get as many as you want in one go. one time i got my tragus, belly button, helix and somewhere naughty done in the space of about 30 mins. (i was wasted and no longer have any of those piercings)
Fuzzpig
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Three should be fine. I've never seen a place with any policy (not that I've asked though!) and getting two at the same time is little extra bother so a third won't be much more.

Of course, many places might stop you after a certain number at once, but three shouldn't be a problem.

(Worst thing I think would be to get cartilage piercings on either ear as you'd not be able to sleep on your side at all!)
LoveErinxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by MutantGecko)
you can get as many as you want in one go. one time i got my tragus, belly button, helix and somewhere naughty done in the space of about 30 mins. (i was wasted and no longer have any of those piercings)
Haha, wow! Quite impressive Thanks for the help
LoveErinxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by aliluvschoc)
Three should be fine. I've never seen a place with any policy (not that I've asked though!) and getting two at the same time is little extra bother so a third won't be much more.

Of course, many places might stop you after a certain number at once, but three shouldn't be a problem.

(Worst thing I think would be to get cartilage piercings on either ear as you'd not be able to sleep on your side at all!)

Yeah, that would be bad. I only want one though. I'm just wondering if, considering I'd have three new piercings on one ear, the aftercare would be a little tricky for a while...
Fuzzpig
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LoveErinxo)
Yeah, that would be bad. I only want one though. I'm just wondering if, considering I'd have three new piercings on one ear, the aftercare would be a little tricky for a while...
Not necessarily. I decided to get two cartilage right next to each other done a few months back and they've been fine ever since - and they can be trickier to heal than lobes definitely.

Just take as much care as you usually would, three isn't too much of an overload if you're very meticulous about cleaning.
LoveErinxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by aliluvschoc)
Not necessarily. I decided to get two cartilage right next to each other done a few months back and they've been fine ever since - and they can be trickier to heal than lobes definitely.

Just take as much care as you usually would, three isn't too much of an overload if you're very meticulous about cleaning.
Really? Well that's alright then, I think I'll get all three Thank you!
Pareesasa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i'm sure its fine! usually people limit piercings to one at a time coz of the after pain thing after! but if you can handle it, you go for it!!
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MutantGecko)
Not if you go to a good piercer...a good piercer would certainly limit the amount you could get at one time, especially if it included piercings that take a long time to heal, like cartilage and navel piercings. They also wouldn't pierce anyone while they were 'wasted' :| Very dodgy.

What the OP wants will most likely be fine though.
psychocustard
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You shouldn't be getting that many piercings at one time, simply because your body will have a hell of a time trying to heal them all, and you're going to be in a massive amount of pain. I'd space them out until each one is healed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (469)
38.13%
No - but I will (95)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.07%

Watched Threads