The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants (2012 entry)

Hello,
maybe it's a bit early for such a thread but I'm already very excited
so I'd like to know who else ,here on TSR, will be applying for a
Psychology course on 2012 :smile:

You might aswell include your possible university choices and anything
else you wanna add.

EDIT: wrong section, moving thread to University discussion.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am :biggrin: :biggrin: i reeli cntt waitt either.. theyy hav updated the ucas as well for 2012 entry..
im planning 2 apply 2 leeds uni + leeds metro n bham n bristol havn thought about the rest....
wot aBout u?? n wot u wana do aftr ur psychology degree?
Reply 2
Psych 2011 applicant. Applied to: Oxford, UCL, Durham, Bristol & RHUL

Feel free to ask any questions about above unis or anything to do with UCAS :smile:
Reply 3
Looking at applying to Bath 4 year course !
Reply 4
Original post by Emelynaki

Yep. Hopefully applying to Kent, Southampton, Leiceister and Bangor if A-Levels go alright.
Again, i'm a 2011 applicant, I applied for York,UEA,Nottingham and Lincoln for both BSc Psychology and BSc Psychology and Clinical Psychology.

I can answer any questions you have regarding UCAS, courses,the above uni's and the BPS (as i'm a member). Best of luck to you all :biggrin:
Again 2011 but willing to help anyone that wants advice. :smile:

Applied for psychology at

durham
york
newcastle
leeds
teeside

:smile:
Reply 7
Glad to see there are already some replies! :smile:

As for me, I still haven't decided on my final choices but my options include York, Birmingham,Bristol,Exeter,Glasgow,Aberdeen
It will be a tough decision though, since I'm an international student and I don't exactly have the chance to visit the universities , so I'll have to base my decision upon things I read on the net and opinions from other people.
Reply 8
I'm considering applying to Bangor for Psychology. It's not my first course choice - I'm hoping to do Creative Studies at Bangor or Acting at Camarthen or BSA, but I'm keeping it as an option. I'm predicted AAA/B (one of the predictions is A/B) at AS Level including an A in Psychology :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Emelynaki
Glad to see there are already some replies! :smile:

As for me, I still haven't decided on my final choices but my options include York, Birmingham,Bristol,Exeter,Glasgow,Aberdeen
It will be a tough decision though, since I'm an international student and I don't exactly have the chance to visit the universities , so I'll have to base my decision upon things I read on the net and opinions from other people.

Brizzle are 'experimental' psychology and have a strong emphasis on at least 2 sciences at A-level and a 'sciencey' orientated PS
Reply 10
Original post by xChelseyChelsey
Again 2011 but willing to help anyone that wants advice. :smile:

Applied for psychology at

durham
york
newcastle
leeds
teeside

:smile:

Why did you apply to teeside when you obviously were good enough for Durham/York etc.
I'm just curious I'm a 2011 applicant for Law to Exeter, I'm just doing a bit of stalking :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Noodlzzz
Brizzle are 'experimental' psychology and have a strong emphasis on at least 2 sciences at A-level and a 'sciencey' orientated PS

Is there actually much difference between courses with 'experimental' at the start? I always thought that it was just to make the course sound better...
Reply 12
Original post by Jacke02
Is there actually much difference between courses with 'experimental' at the start? I always thought that it was just to make the course sound better...

I think it's a mix between more opportunities after year 1 for research & experimental modules + a sort of filter to make sure applicants are aware about scientific emphasis & thus have the right background for it
Does anyone know if it's true that the Psychology courses at Bangor and Aber are very maths-y? My psychology teacher says they are, and my college is pretty much slap bang in the middle between the two so they're the only psychology courses I'm considering. The thought of too much maths puts me off :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by madders94
Does anyone know if it's true that the Psychology courses at Bangor and Aber are very maths-y? My psychology teacher says they are, and my college is pretty much slap bang in the middle between the two so they're the only psychology courses I'm considering. The thought of too much maths puts me off :frown:

Any respected BPS psych degree will have the same emphasis on stats. If your really that aversive to maths may I suggest looking into another subject?
Any respected BPS psych degree will have the same emphasis on stats. If your really that aversive to maths may I suggest looking into another subject?

Acting/Performing Arts are my main subjects, Psychology was really more of a back up plan because it's been suggested to me by a few people now due to the fact that apparently I have a natural aptitude for it? But clearly, not for the mathsy side, because I only got a C at GCSE Maths :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 16
Psych 2011 applicant. Applied to: Oxford, UCL, Durham, Bristol & RHUL

Feel free to ask any questions about above unis or anything to do with UCAS :smile:

Which university did you firm?
Reply 17
Original post by Ebuwa
Which university did you firm?

UCL :smile:
Reply 18
UCL :smile:

woooo
Reply 19
I'm applying in 2012... really excited even if the fees are a bit of a downer...
I'm predicted AAAa at A level at the mo, but hoping psych and maths will be bumped up to A* predictions.

Thinking of applying to Bath, York, Warwick/Cardiff, Birmingham and Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest