?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello,
maybe it's a bit early for such a thread but I'm already very excited
so I'd like to know who else ,here on TSR, will be applying for a
Psychology course on 2012

You might aswell include your possible university choices and anything
else you wanna add.

EDIT: wrong section, moving thread to University discussion.
MagiP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am i reeli cntt waitt either.. theyy hav updated the ucas as well for 2012 entry..
im planning 2 apply 2 leeds uni + leeds metro n bham n bristol havn thought about the rest....
wot aBout u?? n wot u wana do aftr ur psychology degree?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Psych 2011 applicant. Applied to: Oxford, UCL, Durham, Bristol & RHUL

Feel free to ask any questions about above unis or anything to do with UCAS
Jessca
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Looking at applying to Bath 4 year course !
El_Sid
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yep. Hopefully applying to Kent, Southampton, Leiceister and Bangor if A-Levels go alright.
lozzyhickers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Again, i'm a 2011 applicant, I applied for York,UEA,Nottingham and Lincoln for both BSc Psychology and BSc Psychology and Clinical Psychology.

I can answer any questions you have regarding UCAS, courses,the above uni's and the BPS (as i'm a member). Best of luck to you all
xChelseyChelsey
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Again 2011 but willing to help anyone that wants advice.

Applied for psychology at

durham
york
newcastle
leeds
teeside

Emelynaki
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Glad to see there are already some replies!

As for me, I still haven't decided on my final choices but my options include York, Birmingham,Bristol,Exeter,Glasgo w,Aberdeen
It will be a tough decision though, since I'm an international student and I don't exactly have the chance to visit the universities , so I'll have to base my decision upon things I read on the net and opinions from other people.
madders94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm considering applying to Bangor for Psychology. It's not my first course choice - I'm hoping to do Creative Studies at Bangor or Acting at Camarthen or BSA, but I'm keeping it as an option. I'm predicted AAA/B (one of the predictions is A/B) at AS Level including an A in Psychology
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Emelynaki)
Glad to see there are already some replies!

As for me, I still haven't decided on my final choices but my options include York, Birmingham,Bristol,Exeter,Glasgo w,Aberdeen
It will be a tough decision though, since I'm an international student and I don't exactly have the chance to visit the universities , so I'll have to base my decision upon things I read on the net and opinions from other people.
Brizzle are 'experimental' psychology and have a strong emphasis on at least 2 sciences at A-level and a 'sciencey' orientated PS
cvqw1278
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xChelseyChelsey)
Again 2011 but willing to help anyone that wants advice.

Applied for psychology at

durham
york
newcastle
leeds
teeside

Why did you apply to teeside when you obviously were good enough for Durham/York etc.
I'm just curious I'm a 2011 applicant for Law to Exeter, I'm just doing a bit of stalking
Jacke02
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Brizzle are 'experimental' psychology and have a strong emphasis on at least 2 sciences at A-level and a 'sciencey' orientated PS
Is there actually much difference between courses with 'experimental' at the start? I always thought that it was just to make the course sound better...
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jacke02)
Is there actually much difference between courses with 'experimental' at the start? I always thought that it was just to make the course sound better...
I think it's a mix between more opportunities after year 1 for research & experimental modules + a sort of filter to make sure applicants are aware about scientific emphasis & thus have the right background for it
madders94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does anyone know if it's true that the Psychology courses at Bangor and Aber are very maths-y? My psychology teacher says they are, and my college is pretty much slap bang in the middle between the two so they're the only psychology courses I'm considering. The thought of too much maths puts me off
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by madders94)
Does anyone know if it's true that the Psychology courses at Bangor and Aber are very maths-y? My psychology teacher says they are, and my college is pretty much slap bang in the middle between the two so they're the only psychology courses I'm considering. The thought of too much maths puts me off
Any respected BPS psych degree will have the same emphasis on stats. If your really that aversive to maths may I suggest looking into another subject?
madders94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Any respected BPS psych degree will have the same emphasis on stats. If your really that aversive to maths may I suggest looking into another subject?
Acting/Performing Arts are my main subjects, Psychology was really more of a back up plan because it's been suggested to me by a few people now due to the fact that apparently I have a natural aptitude for it? But clearly, not for the mathsy side, because I only got a C at GCSE Maths
Ebuwa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Psych 2011 applicant. Applied to: Oxford, UCL, Durham, Bristol & RHUL

Feel free to ask any questions about above unis or anything to do with UCAS
Which university did you firm?
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ebuwa)
Which university did you firm?
UCL
Ebuwa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
UCL
woooo
yaymeg
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm applying in 2012... really excited even if the fees are a bit of a downer...
I'm predicted AAAa at A level at the mo, but hoping psych and maths will be bumped up to A* predictions.

Thinking of applying to Bath, York, Warwick/Cardiff, Birmingham and Manchester
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.08%
The paper was reasonable (398)
42.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.08%
It was TERRIBLE (151)
16.18%

Watched Threads