The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants (2012 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by 007dunlop
Offers from Warwick and Durham. Hoping for UCL though - was ranked best Psychology dept. in the UK based on student satisfaction & employment prospects :smile:
Hope to go on to be a clinical psychologist...will probably apply to UCL for the course if I get onto their undergraduate degree, as people have said you already sort of have a foot in the door.
Exciting stuff! What about everyone else? :smile:

Welldone for the Duhram offer! I'm still waiting to get back from them! :smile:
Offer from Bristol... now the only one I need to hear back from is UCL. Fingers crossed!
Reply 582
anyone heard anything regarding interviews for the birmingham MSci courses????? I've heard nothing, wondering whether or not to be worried XD
Original post by ellietaylor
i was wondering if many people have got offers from loughborough, nottingham trent, manchester met or hull yet?

Yeah, I've got Hull. :smile: Haven't applied to the others though.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1817193
That might help. :smile:
Original post by Kelly95
Hey guys :smile: I'm in year 12 so not applying yet but I'm interested in Psychology. I was just wondering if any of you did a week's work experience in something Psychology related last year? I have mine coming up but I'm not sure what to do :/ any ideas would be great!

I had a steady volunteer job at a special needs school. One of my friends - who is now doing Psychology at Oxford! - did something similar. And she did hospice work. Anything like working at an old peoples' home would be good too. Basically anything to do with supporting illness either physical or mental. It's all good stuff to do, because it all links in. :smile:
Hope I helped!
Original post by Mmrawrr
Eagerly waiting for a reply from UCL as usual. :colondollar: It's been over two months.

Same here, though for me it's over 3 months! Best of luck.
Reply 586
Original post by punctuation
Same here, though for me it's over 3 months! Best of luck.

Three months today for me. :colondollar: UCAS received my application on 22nd Oct.
Have you received a questionnaire though? Because I haven't even received that. :frown:
Original post by fagittarius
First of all, congrats on your offers everybody and I' m sorry for the rejections.
I am an international applicant and I was genuinely wondering how can UCAS promise equal consideration for all applications sent by January 15th , when universities make so many decisions before the deadline date? Technically there is a chance that a university receives 100 perfect applications on January 15th- I know that it's quite unrealistic but we can' t logically exclude the possibility. What happens then? Will the admissions tutor take back offers to give places to stronger applicants or will he give rejections to those applicants because there are no more places left? Obviously the latter one, but isn't this somewhat unfair?
Don't take me wrong, I'm not complaining, I 'm just trying to figure out if there is something I don't get about the process, honestly. I would appreciate any information/opinions. Thanks and good luck to all! :smile:

Some of the Unis only offer the top 5% before the deadline and reject the bottom 5%. Others don't accept or reject until after the deadline. And the rest just estimate the amount of applications they'll get, and go from there. If they have too many good offers, they might just have to over-offer and pay the fine.
Who really know though? It's a complicated process. :smile:
Anyone else firming Hull? :smile:
Original post by Mmrawrr
Three months today for me. :colondollar: UCAS received my application on 22nd Oct.
Have you received a questionnaire though? Because I haven't even received that. :frown:

I have received a questionnaire and I submitted it around the first few days of December. Don't worry about not receiving anything yet, as last year this time several now-UCL-students had not received their questionnaires. :smile:
Reply 590
Original post by punctuation
I have received a questionnaire and I submitted it around the first few days of December. Don't worry about not receiving anything yet, as last year this time several now-UCL-students had not received their questionnaires. :smile:

Hm yeah. :smile:
If anyone has any questions about psychology at Bristol please feel free to PM me. :smile:
Reply 592
Yeah I got the fake Bristol rejection, then an offer. Definitely not accepting it now!! :wink:

Is anyone else applying to Nottingham for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience? I just wondered if it'll be popular, preferably with nice people on the course... Pretty sure it'll be my firm, though I got really tempting offers from Sussex because I hear it's pretty (for straight Psychology) and Leicester ( Psy and Cogneuroscience) mainly because Leicester's closer...
Reply 593
just got an interview for the birmingham MSci in psych and psych practice... for the Wednesday 14th February 2011... which never even existed as a date!!!! The 14th LAST year was a monday, and the 14th this year is a tuesday!.... i just sent an email replying asking what they meant... just a tad confused lol =/
Reply 594
Offers from York Nottingham Sheffield and UEA, wish Bath wouldn't take so long!
Reply 595
WHY ARE UNIS TAKING SO LONG? I've not heard anything since 6th December! Still yet to hear from York, Sheffield and Nottingham... Anyone else not heard from these?
Has ANYONE heard from Dundee?? It's been so long now... :/
Reply 597
Original post by Tay594
WHY ARE UNIS TAKING SO LONG? I've not heard anything since 6th December! Still yet to hear from York, Sheffield and Nottingham... Anyone else not heard from these?

York replied about 6 weeks after I applied as did Nottingham but Sheffield was really quick! I wouldn't worry though cus I have friends that applied in October and haven't heard from Sheffield
Reply 598
Original post by Mmrawrr

I haven't received anything other than confirmation from UCL and it is my first choice so I was really worried, but I rang up and asked why I hadn't received a questionnaire or an open day invitation - she said that it was because every application is different ... she also said that the admissions tutors from psychology hadn't started looking at the applications until the dead line (15th January)

Unless I haven't been accepted and she just didn't want to say anything ....:confused:

But I am still eagerly waiting! I just want to hear back now :angry:
Reply 599
Original post by Rachael36
I haven't received anything other than confirmation from UCL and it is my first choice so I was really worried, but I rang up and asked why I hadn't received a questionnaire or an open day invitation - she said that it was because every application is different ... she also said that the admissions tutors from psychology hadn't started looking at the applications until the dead line (15th January)

Unless I haven't been accepted and she just didn't want to say anything ....:confused:

But I am still eagerly waiting! I just want to hear back now :angry:

Hmm same. :frown: I guess I don't mind them making me wait as long as I get an offer in the end. But aahh, the wait is killing me. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest