The Student Room Group

Guys do you hug other guys?

Ive seen loads of guys about, that seem really friendly to each other, to the point where they may be perhaps gay?

But there is also been the case where I see guys cuddle each other and appear bi? some people I know at uni do this.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hug my mates, sometimes. I'm not gay.
i always give my best friend a broke-back mountain hug; but only in private, which should seem more gay than it actually is:smile:
Reply 3
Yes, not because I'm gay but some of my friends, were like brothers :smile:

Especially if you see someone after years or a long time and you spent most of your childhood with them.
I don't do hugs. Naturally, people feel obliged to hug me even more. :tongue:
Reply 5
lmao OP is confused.

So am I. I man hug, but would never cuddle a man.
You live a sad life if you scared to hug your homeboys in case people think you're gay.
It is socially unacceptable to hug another male unless of course, you're really close to that male.
Reply 8
It's called Man hug and allowed only for certain occasions

1. Someone you loved has died
2. You are getting married
3. Due to a sporting event
4 Is a family member
5. Your not British seems like every other country has no problem :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by ussumane
lmao OP is confused.

So am I. I man hug, but would never cuddle a man.

lol ye, but these people actually cuddle..its usually the gay looking guys that do it..but seems it socially acceptable
When two straight men hug, they are actually rugby tackling each other, to the point where each tackle cancels the other out.
manhug.

banter.
MAN-HUG!

hug=/= cuddle
Original post by RequiemForADream
MAN-HUG!

Come on you give us this as an example? those guys were pretty much gay in all but action I am sure there was many jokes on the closeness of them going over that line.
Only if we're both naked :sexface:
Reply 16
I do. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Hugging between all people regardless of gender is quite normal in many other world cultures too. In fact, it's a traditional greeting or farewell gesture in some parts of the world.
No.
Original post by canimakeit
Come on you give us this as an example? those guys were pretty much gay in all but action I am sure there was many jokes on the closeness of them going over that line.

I was joking dude, calm down.

A thread about men hugging hardly warrants a serious response!
Reply 19
I do but I'm very touchy-feely by nature.

I don't think I've ever had a proper cuddle with any of my mates but I go for proper hugs...an pat on the back (aka the standard man hug I always see) doesn't do it for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending