I haven't started revising yet. Watch

Gakthoil
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I don't know what additional information to include in this post; but below is the main reason for this thread, and here it goes:

Do I have any chance of succeeding in my GCSEs, say, if I were to start revision tomorrow?

Bearing in mind my first exam is on the 16th - and I did absolutely terrible in my mocks by scraping Ds/Cs and an occasional B at my highest grade, since I was not in the least bit prepared for them (procrastination is a major flaw of mine which I'm sure many of you can relate to.) And on a side-note my predicted grades are borderline/semi-decent at best.

So yeah, I need some inspirational/brusque/pragmatic responses
ju1c
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, if people say you've left it too late what are you going to do then?

The best thing you can do now is revise starting from tomorrow up until your exams.

4+ hours a day.
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Write like that in your English Lang exams and you'll be on your way to getting an A. Start tomorrow and don't panic!
Speedo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yesssssss even tomorrow's a good start! Try do atleast 1 or 2 hours of intensive revision a day and IM SURE you will get higher then a B. Remember GCSE's are really not hard at all, all they are is memorizing + a little common sense. GOOD LUCK
Lukedavidhopkins1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gakthoil)
I don't know what additional information to include in this post; but below is the main reason for this thread, and here it goes:

Do I have any chance of succeeding in my GCSEs, say, if I were to start revision tomorrow?

Bearing in mind my first exam is on the 16th - and I did absolutely terrible in my mocks by scraping Ds/Cs and an occasional B at my highest grade, since I was not in the least bit prepared for them (procrastination is a major flaw of mine which I'm sure many of you can relate to.) And on a side-note my predicted grades are borderline/semi-decent at best.

Some is better than none when it comes to revision just do what u can and make it efficient in the run up to the exams obviously put the closest exams first but don't over prioritise and forget about the later exams else you'll do better in the beginning, worse towards the end and finish exams season feeling as if you failed
Gakthoil
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thank you for all of your swift and kind responses so far, it is very much appreciated.

(Original post by i'm no superman)
Write like that in your English Lang exams and you'll be on your way to getting an A. Start tomorrow and don't panic!
I highly doubt that since I'm being quite pretentious atm. Not only because of this reason, but I also lack knowledge of the content, technique, structure and so forth, etc.

Plus, when me, pen and paper come together; a third-person perspective would have the impulse to think I was writing in a foreign language because my handwriting is dire and makes me look illiterate.
i'm no superman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I highly doubt that since I'm being quite pretentious atm. Not only because of this reason, but I also lack knowledge of the content, technique, structure and so forth, etc.

Plus, when me, pen and paper come together; a third-person perspective would have the impulse to think I was writing in a foreign language because my handwriting is dire and makes me look illiterate.
Seriously, you can blag it. You can't blag English Lit though! Read dem poems and short stories! :gangster:
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Don't panic. Start tomorrow morning and work all day everyday.
Bi0logical
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
seriously, why panic about GCSE's
l0l
Pritt.stick
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Trust me for my gcses I didn't revise at all and I came out with average results for me (a*, 5a's, 4b's and a c) when I got all c's and d's in my mocks..
Was still upset on results day knowing I could have done better :/
But trust me tomorrow is good! I've only just started revising for my as's and my first exam is the 16th you'll be fine!
ju1c
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pritt.stick)
Trust me for my gcses I didn't revise at all and I came out with average results for me (a*, 5a's, 4b's and a c) when I got all c's and d's in my mocks..
Was still upset on results day knowing I could have done better :/
But trust me tomorrow is good! I've only just started revising for my as's and my first exam is the 16th you'll be fine!
Do you make your own notes, or do you just read out the revisionbook/textbook?
eihpos95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You already must know the best you can do is to start revision as soon as possible and do as much as you can in the time you've got.
To be honest I could have done more work than I've been doing already, so I'm trying to make up for that. (well, I say that, I'm getting distracted now by being on here lmfao)
ClaireHogben
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Start NOW, not tomorrow. Hope this helps you.
http://socyberty.com/psychology/find...udy-or-revise/
Heptapus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Think of it this way, if you revise now, you will get good grades and also have 2 months after your exams to party. :woo:
HarryA
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Why do you need someone else to post a written text to motivate you to revise? Why can't you just pull yourself together and get down to work?
Kalliope
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Guess you can - definitely. Providing you revise well from now on. Don't start out with a can't do attitude - just give it your best from now on
The Dynamic Uno
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's GCSEs, you should be fine. I revised about 2 weeks for them and ended up with an A*, 3 As and the rest were Bs. Oh and I got a C.

GCSEs really aren't that hard. If you're smart enough, 2 weeks should be more than enough revision time.
kasiasunshine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nor have I, don't worry, you're not alone.
billieerin23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You'll do better if you start today than if you don't do any- I believe that if you really pick your heels up and maybe aim for around 6 hours a day anything's possible; you could come out with all As and A*s all this means is that you'll have to do more hours a day to maximise your potential.
Bambi :)
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Me neither. I've got 2 weeks and I think it'll be fine. Just revise for the exams up till half-term and then the rest in the week off. Just revise like hell the night before!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads