I'm in love with my best friend :S Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey, Im a girl and one of my best friends is a boy. We've been getting so close lately. We've always been quite flirty together and have a laugh with each other. We became so close, we used to be talking on msn and texting till dead late every night and we loved being around each other.
One day at a party we were lounging on a sofa together and we ended up kissing, after that he walked me home and put his jacket on me because i was cold, and it was very romantic.
But recently I've noticed him talking and texting one of my girl friends more and more so a few days ago I told him i liked him as more than a friend and he seemed shocked (as if it wasn't obvious) and he was nice about it although he told me he liked my friend.
They're now going out and because they're both my friends and I want them to be happy Im just accepting it, but when we're out in a group its so hard seeing them kissing and holding hands. I'm unbelievably jealous and its getting me down so much What should I do?
Jellybean91
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If she was your friend and she knew you liked him thats a bit crap of her! Good friends don't do that! And as for him, you can do better than someone who gets with you and constantly flirts with you but then turns around and gets with your friend!

But aside from that, as its done and theres nothing you can do about that now, all i can recommend is maybe put a bit of distance between you and them until you feel able to be around them. All that will sort this is time, just move on with your life and concentrate on the things that are good in your life
iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Threesome? :dontknow:
member520746
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh the days of secondary school...
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to be in a similar situation before, and like you, I felt quite jealous. But there isn't very much you can do, because he wants her and not you and that's all there is to it, so you just have to accept it.

Though, I eventually dated him anyway :ahee:. So you never know, if you keep waiting things may change in your favour in the future. But don't pin too much hope on it though, just in case.
The Cornerstone
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Reminds me of that new film coming out...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What new film ? :L
And thanks "Jellybean" and "CherryCherryBoomBoom" for the advice

Oh and 'Iainthegreat' .. No, just no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed