The Student Room Group

I'm studying in London, but have been offered the outside London maximum loan

£4,950 if you’re living away from home outside London
£6,928 if you’re living away from home in London

I have been offered 4950, but I'm studying at the University of the Arts, London. I'm not sure whether this is a mistake, or they might change it once they've recieved all of my evidence? The maximum loan for outside London students is £2000 below my accommodation costs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Contact them ASAP. If you're entitled to the maximum loan, let them know their mistake.

SF are irritating beyond belief :angry:
Reply 2
This is usually caused by the information given to the SLC by the university itself. As I'm sure you know, some universities run courses at different campuses. It may be a case of the course has been allocated incorrectly.

The other thing, which may actually be the case, is that your loan offer is the non-income assessed amount, which is around about the figure you've been given. Also remember that there's a reduction in the loan amounts available to you if you are in receipt of the maintenance grant.
Reply 3
I phoned them up today and the guy told me that they will see that my University is located in London when they review the application, and change the loans accordingly then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending