When are you going to start revision? Watch

Reading Room
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I was just wondering, when is everyone planning to start revising for their AS subjects which are being examined in June?

Everyone keeps saying how the workload and time pressure is very different from GCSE, so I'm keen not to leave it too late and have that awful "I should have started this ages ago" feeling. On the other hand, I don't want to start too early so as to forget everything in 6 months time!

Any advice on coping techniques for AS revision (particulary in the subjects I'm doing ) would be much appreciated!
Icy Ghost
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Around Easter time I think, or whenever I feel I need to.
Sopheh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well I've started revising for Jan exams, obviously.

I usually start summer exam revision at the easter holidays. Get all your plans written up in half term and then you know exactly what you're doing for the next few weeks.
crazygirl4521
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Icy Ghost)
Around Easter time I think, or whenever I feel I need to.
yeah easter thats ideal revision time for the As exams in june.
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
me no revise.
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Erm, I haven't even started revising for my January exams yet lol, although I will later this week. I probably started revising for my summer AS exams in the Easter holidays, although as someone else mentioned, it's a good idea to get yourself organised during February half-term. For English lit, the best thing you can do is know your texts inside out, so spend some time re-reading them and make notes on the main characters and themes. For the closed text exam, you'll need to memorise some short quotes, which you could do by making flashcards that you can carry around with you or by sticking post-it notes around the house. For history, and I assume politics and RS as well, there's a huge amount of information to be learnt, so first condensing your notes into, say, a sheet of A4 for each topic with the main points would be a good starting point. You could then use flashcards, post-it notes etc to try to make them stick. For all these subjects, it's also essential to do lots of past papers- just do all the plans and maybe write the introduction and conclusion for each one with bullet points for the main part of the essay, as you won't have the time (or the will!) to write loads of essays.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
arghhhh revision arghhhhhhh arghhhhhhhhhh i must start soon but i prefer checking ucas track all day
*River
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Revision? What's that?
TheLameSaint
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Started about a week ago. Nothing severely hardcore - yet. Just looking through notes, making mind maps, and so on.
littlemonkey
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have started studying for january exams but it isn't much cause I only have to re-read Emma a few more times, Cant wait!!!! only joking.
But for June, I just started this week tiping all my notes onto the computer to make them look neat. Plus, it makes it easier then to delete bits and end up with an A4 sheet - when that will be done i'll start practice papers. Don't want to end up like last year cramming up everything the night before the exam and not getting the results I want.

(PS: does anyone do posters and diagrams to study there notes? Cause I wanna know if it really works, thanks!!)
littlemonkey
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have started studying for january exams but it isn't much cause I only have to re-read Emma a few more times, Cant wait!!!! only joking.
But for June, I just started this week tiping all my notes onto the computer to make them look neat. Plus, it makes it easier then to delete bits and end up with an A4 sheet - when that will be done i'll start practice papers. Don't want to end up like last year cramming up everything the night before the exam and not getting the results I want.

(PS: does anyone do posters and diagrams to study there notes? Cause I wanna know if it really works, thanks!!)
iz_a_bell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
crap crap crap i haven't started anything, have 2 resits, 1 maths paper and a business paper... been busy with courswork... crap crap crap
iz_a_bell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
crap crap crap i haven't started anything, have 2 resits, 1 maths paper and a business paper... been busy with courswork... crap crap crap
Niaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im doing gov and pol as well but with a different board as far as I know - but our papers gonna be answer 2 3part questions - and you get a choice of topics so as we have learnt the topic we have done practice questions
Rs i would revise in a similar way
Niaya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im doing gov and pol as well but with a different board as far as I know - but our papers gonna be answer 2 3part questions - and you get a choice of topics so as we have learnt the topic we have done practice questions
Rs i would revise in a similar way
WantA*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I aint started either - Just had a Chemistry mock exam - HARD!
WantA*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I aint started either - Just had a Chemistry mock exam - HARD!
SUSHI BOY
Report 13 years ago
I've had mock exams and they've been easy. I'll revise a bit and do past papers over the christmas holidays; sorted.
SUSHI BOY
Report 13 years ago
I've had mock exams and they've been easy. I'll revise a bit and do past papers over the christmas holidays; sorted.
bananas1234
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't revise for any exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?