The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamijack
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13287977

This was my reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMSzdgz2ZLs

Personally I think that releasing the photographs outweighs the risk of offence caused. They've already killed him, its not like the extremists can get any angrier adn from now on there will permanently be "OMG guise! Osama isn't rlly dead it's just teh evil USA trying to deceive us!" These theories will be a right pain in the backside for the majority of people who realise that the US wouldn't create this much fuss if they hadn't really killed him.

What are other people's opinions regarding the release of the photos in terms of conspiracies and offence caused?

Can you add a poll of the thread? Like Do you think the pictures should be officially released? - yes/no

pleasee?
Original post by Alex Jones
Project haarp can do weather modification.i didnt hear anyone who said that part about it causing the tsunamis.

"DeY Be cHaNghInG wEathtr SpIRal In dEH Sky In Norway ,nWo Man Dey CoMiNg"

You're the type of person that believes everything the goverment tell them.

No, I make my own opinion by my own reseach, Not by A) What some gimp wearing a tin foil hat tells me B) What the papers say. I research more information myself from both angles, Unlike you, Where you only ever look at one side of a argument to back your point.

Wheres the WMDS brah?Why did they sign off operation northwoods but it got stopped at the last second.what happened in the gulf of tompkin brah which led to NAM?

If you believe the government you are stupid.

WhEre's Der Mayans , dER annunaki R CoMiNg GHiANTS fROm dER 12th PlanEt , NiBuru GoINg To CroSS EaRtH GiaNts GonNMa coMe dOwn From Der Sky, NiBuru x wHy HaSnt RThe GoVeRnMneT TolD us, Dey Is BuIlDiNg GiAnTs ShIp To tRaNsFeR tHE rICH eLite tO A dIFfERrent PlaNrT
Original post by JohnC2211
Isn't the fact that Osama hasn't released a video in protest proof enough?

If I was #1 on the US most wanted list and they said I was dead, you're damn right the first thing I would do is make a video and be all like:

"Hai guysss! Not dead! kthxbye."

John, put yourself in a Osama's shoes, if you were an ex-terrorist who's been on the run for 10 years from the whole world and suddenly you were pronounced dead by the very people who have been looking for you all their life, would you then pop your head out again and notify the world that you are infact alive? What does that do for Osama? Nothing.

On the other hand, Osama Bin Laden has been given a new life, a new identity and a new chance to live and he'll savour that chance instead of announcing himself alive. It also means that he can reform or collaborate with Al Queada or similar groups such as Lashkar-e-taiba to carry on his mission on the low while the world thinks he's dead.

There are several reasons why Osama won't announce that he's alive and you have to consider what a terrorist's thought patterns are to understand this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ShadowConspiracy
"DeY Be cHaNghInG wEathtr SpIRal In dEH Sky In Norway ,nWo Man Dey CoMiNg"

No, I make my own opinion by my own reseach, Not by A) What some gimp wearing a tin foil hat tells me B) What the papers say. I research more information myself from both angles, Unlike you, Where you only ever look at one side of a argument to back your point.

WhEre's Der Mayans , dER annunaki R CoMiNg GHiANTS fROm dER 12th PlanEt , NiBuru GoINg To CroSS EaRtH GiaNts GonNMa coMe dOwn From Der Sky, NiBuru x wHy HaSnt RThe GoVeRnMneT TolD us, Dey Is BuIlDiNg GiAnTs ShIp To tRaNsFeR tHE rICH eLite tO A dIFfERrent PlaNrT

LMAO @you not answering as you probably dont even know what happened in these events.

Oh BTW by trying to speak down to CTS it isnt covering up your own lack of knowledge well.

You clearly dont know anything.Spend years researching then come back to me.
Original post by /raees.rahim
Good decision, I wouldn't want pictures of my disfigured corpse floating around on the internet to satisfice your curiosity. Show some respect to the man!

A man that has terrorised the lives of many does not deserve any respect whatsoever.
Reply 2145
Original post by Psuedo
He should have been tried and punished by an international criminal court.

Discuss.

This was American bloodlust, they were never going to be satisfied until they had their pound of flesh. Other posters on here have said that an arrest would have caused a wave of kidnappings: so an automatic death sentence for any popular resistance leaders who don't like being pushed around by yanks? Gaddaffi's not going to stand much chance then!
I thought there were pics? I swear I saw one of his face on tv and over the internet...
LMAO @you not answering as you probably dont even know what happened in these events.

Oh BTW by trying to speak down to CTS it isnt covering up your own lack of knowledge well.

No, Because I have a life, I don't have to reseach about the 12th planet coming in line with Earth and 10ft giants coming down and killing people.

The logic behind it is clearly retarded, The same with most conspiracies , Forget the main evidence only include what makes our view look good.

LOL world ending next year, You people are a joke, Woahh....... wait.... haven't you people made this claim in the past? LOLZ or other conspiracy theories like the war:

Hitler escaping in a sub to the artic, Or Hitler had a secret base in the artic which went underground and he had futuristic alien technology in his hands.

Happened in the events? Japan, Yes a Tsunami, Wait you thought HAARP was to blame pfft.........

As a good researcher could you possibly summarise your research for the layman with fully sourced statements in order to educate and enlighten the masses beyond claiming a sense of smug superiority at being one of the few special people who have discovered the 'truth' and insulting the unenlightened masses?
Original post by SpySapper
I thought there were pics? I swear I saw one of his face on tv and over the internet...

They were fake, one has been doing the rounds since 2007 or so.
The only strange thing is Obama and his buddies can't decide how exactly he died; whether he was killed in firefight or whether they captured and executed him

In one speech Obama did he said 'captured and killed'

Think of it this way, if by some amazing feat bin laden is alive. Everyone now believes he's dead. This would be great, noone trying to kill you or bothering you again

I believe he is dead btw
Original post by Craig_D
My Dad just told me that Prince William has got married too :dontknow:

Check my calander this morning its 2011!
Original post by ShadowConspiracy
No, Because I have a life, I don't have to reseach about the 12th planet coming in line with Earth and 10ft giants coming down and killing people.

The logic behind it is clearly retarded, The same with most conspiracies , Forget the main evidence only include what makes our view look good.

LOL world ending next year, You people are a joke, Woahh....... wait.... haven't you people made this claim in the past? LOLZ or other conspiracy theories like the war:

Hitler escaping in a sub to the artic, Or Hitler had a secret base in the artic which went underground and he had futuristic alien technology in his hands.

Happened in the events? Japan, Yes a Tsunami, Wait you thought HAARP was to blame pfft.........

What are you talking about?World ending?12th planet?WTF?

I dont believe any of that and you clearly are going to an extreme.

Trying to mention stuff like 10ft giant(wtf?) to try and discredit me when i never said anything like that make you look stupid.

P.s i got a life and still find time to research current events throughly.
Original post by Nick1sHere

Think of it this way, if by some amazing feat bin laden is alive. Everyone now believes he's dead. This would be great, noone trying to kill you or bothering you again

I believe he is dead btw

I do think it is completely illogical if anyone still thinks they haven't atleast captured him. I mean seriously.. he isn't going to still be in hiding. Imagine the disgrace to America if he just popped up somewhere lol.

Hence he was either killed before (Doubt it, they would have probably told us or it would have been leaked) or they have him now, dead (as in in the sea) or captured somewhere.

The non-release of the photo's doesn't really surprise me. The reason's are logical, like everything else, it would have been good to shut some annoying tin foil hat people up. But then again.. picture of dead Osama = 'lol wut thats not him i can tell total fakess!' which would annoy me even more :P
Original post by -kit-kat-
Can you add a poll of the thread? Like Do you think the pictures should be officially released? - yes/no

pleasee?

Done.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Islam, the religion of peace and respect :smile:

What the hell are you on about?
Original post by Instincts_2012
A man that has terrorised the lives of many does not deserve any respect whatsoever.

Since when
Reply 2157
How could a human celebrate another human's death??? It doesn't sound right, I don't think he should have been shot in front of his 13 yr old daughter. :|
Quelle surprise.

I think he is dead, but I have to say they're not making it any easier on themselves for the many people who think they're lying - first they dump the body in the sea, now they won't release photos...
Apparent description:

'The pictures of the al Qaeda leader reportedly show an open gun shot
wound to his head, part of the skull missing and visible brain matter.
One of bin Laden's eyes is reportedly open in the images, while the other
is "completely gone".'

Source.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending