The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dekota-XS
Osama would not make a video to prove Obama wrong because he is on the run.

Where have you been? He's been on the run for 10 years and made numerous videos in that time.

John, put yourself in a Osama's shoes, if you were an ex-terrorist who's been on the run for 10 years from the whole world and suddenly you were pronounced dead by the very people who have been looking for you all their life, would you then pop your head out again and notify the world that you are infact alive? What does that do for Osama? Nothing.

On the other hand, Osama Bin Laden has been given a new life, a new identity and a new chance to live and he'll savour that chance instead of announcing himself alive. It also means that he can reform or collaborate with Al Queada or similar groups such as Lashkar-e-taiba to carry on his mission on the low while the world thinks he's dead.

There are several reasons why Osama won't announce that he's alive and you have to consider what a terrorist's thought patterns are to understand this.

I disagree. Arguably bin Laden's most important role for the past 10 years has been as a figurehead of al-Qaeda, a symbol and an inspiration to budding extremists. I don't think he'd want to lose this influence, much less let it be thought that he was defeated by the US.
If he wanted to fake his own death he could easily have done so before now.
Original post by Antonia87
This is getting more dodgy by the day.

First he was armed, now they say he wasnt. First he used his wife as a shield and she was shot and killed, now they're saying he didnt use her as a shield and she is alive. First they say they killed him in self-defence, but his daughter says the soldiers held him for several minutes before killing him.

I mean how hard is it for 6 soldiers to get a story straight?
I can only hazard a guess to one reason as to why there is so many inconsistencies. The raid didn't take place.

America have an agenda in hand and that is to win the support of its residents and also to gain back their trust. The only news that would give Americans a cause for celebration is the assassination of their worst enemy which happens to be Osama.
They're not releasing photos and have changed the original story completely.
Original post by Peachykeen09
what do you think about this Dr. Pieczenik guy? I feel like there's something fishy about him.

His credentials are top notch and has been in the higher piller in the usa government/cia etc plus he was the person that was based on for the character jack ryan in tomclancy book.What he said yesturday was pretty truthful imo.

Did he come on today again?Want to hear it later.
Original post by /raees.rahim
Since when

Since when they took the lives of many innocent people.
Original post by goodeye
I really do not understand the logistics of a 'burial at sea'. What the hell is that for!?????????????????????

Seems suspicious that they would suddenly get all respectful of their #1 hated man of all time's religious beliefs / funeral practices, considering how they danced on Sadam's body after they hung him.

Moot point. Saddam's trial and execution were handled by Iraq; the Americans had no control over how he was treated before or after death.
Reply 2186
Original post by ShadowConspiracy
Great, Now the fags like ^ ^ this guy with his 'z0mg ItZ A CoNpSPIRACY iLluMinAti CoMing to Killl arghhhh Make SuRE You PrePARe"

hahaha i love how you TyPeD lIkE ThIs As If It hAd AnY mAjOr iMpAcT oN tHe WaY thEy PeRCeIvE thInGS :biggrin:
Original post by it'smelaura
I disagree. Arguably bin Laden's most important role for the past 10 years has been as a figurehead of al-Qaeda, a symbol and an inspiration to budding extremists. I don't think he'd want to lose this influence, much less let it be thought that he was defeated by the US.
If he wanted to fake his own death he could easily have done so before now.

He has not been involved with any of Al-Qaeda's activities post-2001. The man was ultimately on a mission and that mission was Jihad. A terrorist's mission is more important than his own life or his followers. How could he have faked his death before in a way as to convince US authorities given that he was the most wanted man in the world?
(edited 12 years ago)
He's been dead for years. Obama needed a boost to ensure his re-election next year and America needed something to make people believe the war in Afghanistan and Iraq did achieve something, now that they've done their meddling and looting.
Original post by Foo.mp3
If you don't get the relevance of my comment with regard to your own then I'm afraid I can't help you my zealous young friend :smile:

..or 'brotherhood' sympathy more likely, stick to your guns kiddo: gay bashing and big up's for yo man Osam' :cool:

shut up you're 26 go get a job loser
Original post by Instincts_2012
Since when they took the lives of many innocent people.

lol
Original post by Alex Jones
His credentials are top notch and has been in the higher piller in the usa government/cia etc plus he was the person that was based on for the character jack ryan in tomclancy book.What he said yesturday was pretty truthful imo.

Did he come on today again?Want to hear it later.

I don't know man..seems a little convenient if you ask me. Also where's his evidence. It's basically just his word and he should've said the name of the general. Oh and about his credentials..there really isn't much.

Original post by Broderss
He's been dead for years. Obama needed a boost to ensure his re-election next year and America needed something to make people believe the war in Afghanistan and Iraq did achieve something, now that they've done their meddling and looting.

this
Original post by ShadowConspiracy
Great, Now the fags like ^ ^ this guy with his 'z0mg ItZ A CoNpSPIRACY iLluMinAti CoMing to Killl arghhhh Make SuRE You PrePARe"

ShadowConspiracy...:rolleyes:
Original post by /raees.rahim
Good decision, I wouldn't want pictures of my disfigured corpse floating around on the internet to satisfice your curiosity. Show some respect to the man!

Respect? They should of blended him instead of dropping him in the ocean.
How thoughtful of them. Releasing OBL's photo may incite anger among the peaceful Al-qaeda members not that his death may provoke any sort of retaliation, key points taken into consideration by the USA.Very typical of them,I am not surprised.
/sarcasm
Reply 2195
Original post by californiadreamin
I don't care if they release the photos or not to be honest, I'm just going to take Obama on his word. He's hardly going to lie about this is he? I mean, all it would take is Osama to release another video about all of this and then Obama's chances of being re-elected go out of the window. Osama's dead and conspiracy theorists are a fail. It wouldn't be in Obama's best interests to fabricate this...

Except, most of these "crazy conspiracy nutjobs" believe Osama died years ago. So there's no chance of him popping up to ruin Obama's day.
Original post by Peachykeen09
I don't know man..seems a little convenient if you ask me. Also where's his evidence. It's basically just his word and he should've said the name of the general. Oh and about his credentials..there really isn't much.

He's a former CFR member who worked directly under James Baker, George Schultz, and Henry Kissinger. He's worked in 5 presidential administrations. Doctorate from MIT and Harvard. 26 time New York Times best seller.Said harvard was too easy.

He called this up 9 years ago.Just heard he was on again and apprently said something about the names of the generals and he prepared to go to a tribinal to prove it.

He deserves a shout out and a listen too imo.

BTW Hamid gul is also another person that should be listened to.He was dead serious and is always.Was the TOP MAN for ages.Could be a bit bias mind.
Original post by Dekota-XS
I can only hazard a guess to one reason as to why there is so many inconsistencies. The raid didn't take place.

America have an agenda in hand and that is to win the support of its residents and also to gain back their trust. The only news that would give Americans a cause for celebration is the assassination of their worst enemy which happens to be Osama.

Translated into: "I've gone completely insane, I don't even know what I'm saying, I've lost all control of rationality and now just believe the most ludicrous conspiracy I can think of. I'm so ****ing nuts, i've started eating my own ****ing shoes! Mmmmm tastes like chicken"
Original post by Foo.mp3
you're fast turning into TSR's #1 winner :heart:

ok? U mirin?
Original post by ibysaiyan
peaceful Al-qaeda members

Nawwwww.

Naivety at it's finest :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending