POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
AnamAfridi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bin Laden is dead. That's perhaps..the best news many of us have heard in the last decade. But, doesn't the whole affair seem a bit odd? I mean.. I don't know..but the timing for one (just before Obama's re-election campaign). Then there's the fact of there being no footage and the body being buried at sea. When the United States captured Saddam Hussein..his pictures were all over the news..wouldn't it make sense to at least release one proper picture of Bin Laden too to silence all the critics? Also, ASSUMING the whole thing is a sham.. it isn't too difficult to photoshop a picture..so why hasn't the US government done that (IF the affair is fake, taht is..)
The Iraq war and the 'danger' of Saddam Hussein's alleged arsenal of nuclear weaponry took place right before Bush's re-election campaign in 2003..and now this in 2011 just seems a bit sketchy (I still don't know)
Also, how could they have been able to undertake the DNA tests AND bury his body so quickly when the place where the body was found..Abbotabad is in the northern area of Pakistan and about a 1000 miles inland (with only Pakistan's extreme soouthern border being a coastal area).
I'm also a bit confused about the details of the compound where Bin Laden is said to have been residing for the past..five years? I somewhat remember hearing on the news on the first (or second) day after his death that the compound was completed in the summer of 2010. And I was reading an article in Time Magazine a few days after his death..they said that the tape that was retrieved bearing Al-Qaeda's confirmation that Bin laden was dead was found near the compound and had not been verified although it was assumed that it was in fact from Al-Qaeda. So, has Al-Qaeda stepped forward with their renowned video tapes as yet?

Are there any other facts or incidents that make his death seem a bit sketchy? Or prove that it was correct except for various statements from governments etc..because I mean, being a history student.. if the death was a sham, then this wouldn't be the first time governmetns have used propaganda stories for their benefit.. But then again, for all we know.. he could really have been killed or perhaps he's been dead for a long time but getting caught by the USA seemed a befitting way for him to die? I don't know what to make of the whole thing to be honest.. I can't see his death reducing the scale of the 'War on Terror'.. But I do hope that the news of his death brings some closure to the 9/11 victims..it's been a tough ride for them..and for all of us
kingsholmmad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"The government's lying to us; it's a CIA plot; he's not dead"
The way his death was announced and the whole nature of the operation is definitely very dubious and if Obama had been the only one trumpeting his death, I would be extremely sceptical. However, most of the world leaders who matter have come out and said that he's dead. So have al-Q'Aeda. Most of those leaders would have a great deal of political capital to gain from uncovering this story if it were false and would have plenty to lose from supporting it if it were false. Most of those leaders also have access to their own intelligence communities whose information they will be much more interested in than anything the CIA tell them. Those world leaders can't all be toeing the CIA line, there just isn't the incentive.

"Well, how do we know it's him? I want some proof"
No you don't. If you were honest with yourself you would admit that you could have watched Christ being taken down off the cross, put your hands in his wounds and you would still have said, "how do I know it's him?" There is no proof that will satisfy you. They could give you photographic proof and you would just say that it's 'shopped. They could give you video proof and you'd say that it's fake. Even if they could show you his body, the wounds, the man who killed him and the gun he used, you'd say, "How do I know it's him?"

"Anyway, they captured him and he's in Guantanamo Bay."
He isn't. That would probably be the worst outcome for the Americans. Think about it, there are only two possible reasons for taking him alive: intelligence-gathering or putting him on trial. There is very little intelligence they could get from the old, semi-inactive recluse that he had become, that they couldn't get in alternative, usually easier ways. It wouldn't be worth the effort.

"Well, obviously, they want to put him on trial"
On trial for what? If they tried him for anything other than 9/11 there would be howls of accusations about collusion and avoiding justice and everything being a fit-up. Unfortunately, the CIA and the White House have both said on several occasions that they don't have enough evidence to link him closely enough to 9/11. Therefore, any 9/11 trial would either be a sham just to guarantee a conviction or would have some degree of justice and would collapse for lack of evidence, meaning OBL would have to be released. Do you really think the Americans would take the risk of allowing that to happen?

"Of course not, they'd get a conviction."
Well, of course they would. They would be universally ridiculed and reviled by the rest of the world for the charade that the trial had become but that wouldn't bother them. However, what do they do after they get the conviction? American law being what it is, he would be sentenced to death and buried somewhere (in the US because noone else would take the body) that would then instantly become an Islamic / terrorist shrine. But, in truth, if they were going to kill him anyway, why not save everybody a whole lot of time, money, effort, grief and complication and just shoot him where he stood? In his villa in Pakistan? Which is almost certainly what happened. Why do you have such a problem with that?
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think obama is Osama in disguise!
The americans did not kill Osama, he either died in 2007 or is still alive. I hope he's still alive so he can make america pay for this bull****.
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by vilongo)
Baby, he was trying to troll me.

He's trolling you, and others really hard.

He is with us (rational people); he Just wanted to be a little sarcastic, that's all.
:mad: oi
wamper111
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Omg I am glad the majority of people are not stupid enough to believe these conspiracy stories, and the people who do well its just slightly embarrassing.

The idea that the Obama administration has created this situation to benefit their government is ridiculous, to pretend to kill the worlds most wanted man before the next election to boost support is a laughable idea. It would be quite simple for Bin Laden to make a new video before long and imagine the disastrous effect this would have on the American government, Al Qaeda have confirmed his death does this mean the American government collaborated with them as well? I don't think so.

The idea of giving him a fair trial? realistically imagine the problems associated with trying to capture and contain him. Extremists all over the world would demand for his return threatening mass attacks, kidnappings would be common. Releasing his photos well, why risk inciting fury of his followers. Also just a thought hypothetically imagine if this was some mass conspiracy do you not think the photo/video situation would have been planned and executed much better than it has?
OGFurious
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Initially I was sceptical but looking at the evidence now I think he really is dead.
cakefish
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If he was still alive wouldn't he be in a video to prove the Americans wrong and cause uproar as they lied to their own people and the world?
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
You can get a relative's DNA (IE His Daughter) and compare the two and you can tell what relation the dead person is to them.

Also, I was talking about Afghanistan with relation to the mineral deposits. Not Iraq.
How do we even know that's his daughter..... also these people are not in USA hands so how cud they even get the DNA...

Still though, the afghanisatn deposits are worth billions and billions and which american companies exploit which will lead to the mutliplier effect where the billions will account for even a trillion and more
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Iqbal007)
How do we even know that's his daughter..... also these people are not in USA hands so how cud they even get the DNA...
Because she said she was and the DNA test confirmed it.

They were in US hands for at least a small period of time. All they need is swab from the mouth.

Still though, the afghanisatn deposits are worth billions and billions and which american companies exploit which will lead to the mutliplier effect where the billions will account for even a trillion and more
No, not really. As I said before, George Bush would need to be psychic since these resources were not known about prior to the invasion of Afghanistan.

Also, just because there are billions worth of resources in the country, that does not mean that it is then financially viable ( aka cheap enough) to mine those resources.
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
Because she said she was and the DNA test confirmed it.

They were in US hands for at least a small period of time. All they need is swab from the mouth.

No, not really. As I said before, George Bush would need to be psychic since these resources were not known about prior to the invasion of Afghanistan.

Also, just because there are billions worth of resources in the country, that does not mean that it is then financially viable ( aka cheap enough) to mine those resources.

Just because someone says it doesnt mean its true, theres loads of people going to court claiming to be an illegimate child of some celebirty.

I'm guessing they did, doesnt really take a genius to realise where resources, afghanisation has large mountainous regions which probably lie in a certain manner which in other countries has produced resources. America are always in it for cash, like now there in libya = oil.

Afghanisation is financially viable very financial viable in comparison to many other nations...... cheap labour, low regulations, easy to get by government.... only problems are security risks and start up costs.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hope Osamas son that ran away gets revenge for this vile act by the americans.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just because someone says it doesnt mean its true, theres loads of people going to court claiming to be an illegimate child of some celebirty.

ERR...yes. But those people have their DNA confirmed. I am not sure what you don't understand. She wasn't the only child found and she isn't the only relative of Bin Laden. They can do multiple DNA tests to ensure it is the right person.

I'm guessing they did, doesnt really take a genius to realise where resources, afghanisation has large mountainous regions which probably lie in a certain manner which in other countries has produced resources. America are always in it for cash, like now there in libya = oil.
As I said before....you would have to psychic. You don't invade countries on probability.

I am not sure why they would go for Oil in Libya. If they wanted to go for Oil, then would have let Gaddaffi stay since he was letting in Western Oil companies for exploration anyway. Also Libyan Oil reserves are fairly small.

Afghanisation is financially viable very financial viable in comparison to many other nations...... cheap labour, low regulations, easy to get by government.... only roblems are security risks and start up costs.
Umm...yeh. Most countries in the world are like this. They are quite abundant in Africa. The only difference is that you don't have people trying to kill you.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about because if that was the case, then Western companies would be flocking to Afghanistan. Except they are not.

Security costs alone would be incredibly high. Even if you ignore that issue, then there is the problem that Afghanistan is just full of dirt roads so large scale transport is virtually impossible.
smashah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whether or not we believe the Americans killed him or is still alive, doesn't really matter. Whether or not any of us believe he was a myth, innocent or guilty doesn't matter. I think it's good that the image/face of evil is gone.
Man G
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jessieevaline)
I heard the Americans did that so it wouldn't become a shrine/ pilgrimage site. Seems logical...
That would make sense if Obama hadn't promised to show the world his body as proof, and for closure to those thousands of people affected and family members osama had supposedly killed.
Made in the USA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manchild007)
I'm just in a WTF state-of-mind right now; what will the implications be? Good, bad?

Crowds have gathered rather quickly in front of the White House and the Twin Tower sites too; rightly, I assume it shall be quite a jovial atmosphere in the US/UK/World today.

Source - BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676)

Obama and his team watching live when the operation was being carried out; Obama is such a bad-ass.

Summary;

The best thing about the assassination is that a pork bullet was used :cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.27%
No - but I will (38)
6.97%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.61%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (257)
47.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed