POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Osama bin Laden- World Hide and Seek Champion (2001-2011).

Tbh it'll make very little difference to anything i reckon.
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If he died a long time ago, why wouldn't have they announced it then? Massive political boost, and justification for the war on terror

If they lied and he wasn't killed yesterday all it takes is one 1 video message reading out the weekends NFL results and Obama is proved a liar in front of his whole nation and stands 0 chance of re-election, no way they would risk that.

As far as I am concerned he is dead, which is a good thing.
Scrubby
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That was my first thought when my Mum told me. I thought it was a joke. But honestly why bother lying about it now? What possible good could it do? The only time I think they'd even dare report his death is if they were absolutely sure it was him considering the possible backlash. What is it with people and always proposing a conspiracy theory? The news has just come out and you're proposing a conspiracy theory with absolutely nothing to go on except a few misquoted statements? Seriously, get a life.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The fact that some people still don't think the Moon Landings happened would suggest it's going to take more than a couple of pictures to prove it to all...

No matter what happens, some people won't believe it. Simple as that. Obama could invite them to go poke the body with a stick and they'd still say the whole thing was made up.
Stratos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Thomas...)
It would be very easy for Bin Laden to prove he is alive - just post another video of himself.
But maybe, of he is alive, he'll rejoice in more conspiracy, taking it as more hidden fear.
An bearded Arab could act as Osama, maybe there are 10 Osamas!?
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aeschylus)
Agree entirely. Bin Laden was an evil man but we criticised people for dancing in the streets when 9/11 happened....
Bit different.
lizzyAlice
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So, any guess' as to how long it'll take for the US to make a saving private Ryan esque film about it?
xnatalie01x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not so convinced by the conspiracies, but tbh my attitude to the whole thing is better the devil you know.

I hope they are going to produce some actual evidence that he's dead
canimakeit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am skeptical but USA wouldn't make it so easy for Bin Laden to show them up, all he would have to do is pop up and say "hi guys I'm alive suckers."
Abbadon27
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why would they fake it? If they did fake it, and Bin Laden made another video, Obama would be screwed. It just wouldn't be worth the risk.
InItToWinItGetIt?
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13257940
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lizzyAlice)
So, any guess' as to how long it'll take for the US to make a saving private Ryan esque film about it?
At this exact moment there are 5000 people in Hollywood wearing out their keyboards to get their first draft done before midday.

I estimate it'll be done in time for a September 11th release.
cvqw1278
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Stratos)
An bearded Arab could act as Osama, maybe there are 10 Osamas!?
Ha, maybe so! I just want them to come out with the evidence of his death now!
So I can either rejoice in it or slate it completely.
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by in_your_face)
That's all weird.

No photographic evidence (apart from some blurry pictures that show some dead Arab - could be anyone)
His body "was buried in the sea" - yeah, right.

I think USA has been chasing a ghost and just found some random similar-looking arab, killed him and now celebrate "we killed number 1 terrorist".

Either Bin Laden has been dead for some years, or he is still alive, but he was not killed by the US soldiers yesterday.

Maybe Osama Bin Laden never even existed.

They're probably laundering money, or something.
Why would the US now, after 10 years, say he's only JUST died if they were lying?

He's been buried in the sea (he was going to be cremated as well) to prevent his body being used as a religious image for inspiring hatred by other Extremists.

But no, he is definitely dead. They found out where he was, sent in a Navy Seal Team, (I believe?) and shot him in a firefight. I bet that kill-team is feeling mighty pleased right about now, throw in a few medals there.

You should be happy, not trying to find excuses why he isn't. The man killed 3,000 people, inspired hatred against the West for decades and supported two wars in the Middle East, along with the potential possession of WMDs and the Pakistani-Deal.
AwsomePossum
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
America **** yeah
algérie_mon_amour
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
Whether he's dead or not, it's all a conspiracy.
He could be dead, and US must have done that for some reasons. Why this time specifically when the arab world is upside down?
He may not have been killed, and may not produce a video to contradict the news because as I have already said it's a manipulated conspiracy.
H.JJJ
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not really much of a gain. Sure, we killed the ****er, hope he burns in hell, but it's likely Al-Qaeda were grooming a replacement between 2001-2010 because Bin Laden was getting old. But still, I'm glad the little **** is dead, hopefully it brings some kind of comfort to those who have lost loved ones from this man's planning and scheming

But at the end of the day, we may have created a martyr...

anyway.. YAY!
soutioirsim
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why is Obama getting praised?

It was the military ffs.
InItToWinItGetIt?
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is an interesting article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13257940
Shortarse1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh look, another conspiracy theory.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (38)
5.72%
Fairly positive (217)
32.68%
Just another year... (263)
39.61%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.99%

Watched Threads