POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
spasmodic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had a quick look at the islamicawakening forum and someone there says they have spoken to his "family" members there who confirmed OBL is dead. It's in the Jihad and current events sub-board, "Osama bin Laden killed?" thread, page 19 iirc (my account's just been suspended when I asked an innocent question, so I can't even see the site anymore). Could be someone just showing off. There are a lot of his fans there!
Nator
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by s_libra)
I don't believe it! It seems weird I mean think about it when they found saddam did they kill him on the spot? No they executed him for the whole world to see there power! And know you expect me to believe they found him killed him and buried him at sea! Does this seem like the American way to do it? Erm NO! No pictures/videos nothing no concrete proof and the whole worlds just believing that his dead!

I mean It's been 10 years and they've got nothing except killing loads of innocent lives they needed something to make them look good! Also the election is next year right? Will this not look good for him, No secret all American's hate Bin-Laden and since Obama killed him won't they be more likely to vote for him?
My thoughts exactly
Seasick Steve
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Let's not start conspiracy theories about whether he's dead or not. If he was still alive, Al Quaeda would deny the claims that he's dead. There's photos of his body, and the whole thing would have been captured on the soldiers' helmet cameras.
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Panda Vinnie)
Wow, I'm in a state of shock.

Only woke up, had so many texts on my phone telling me to check the news Osama is dead!

Only just woke up? It's nearly one in the afternoon you lazy bugger!

Occlusal
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's amazing what the americans can do when the PS3 network is down.
charcharchar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wonder how the Taliban will react now... pretty nervous about that.

I heard they possibly have a nuclear bomb somewhere in Europe and if Bin Laden is killed, they'll let it off.
Nator
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by The Dynamic Uno)
Er hello, if Osama wasn't actually killed and still alive couldn't he just release a new video stating so? Why would the US leave themselves that open to looking like idiots?
It's a valid point, however when was the last time he released a video?
Dumdedoobie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
[B]
(Original post by mevidek)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23102243/

I'm glad that Osama Bin Laden is dead, however I highly doubt that this will change anything. Obama will gain support, people will feel like they have had revenge for the bombings, Al-Qaeda may even gain support, and many will fall into a false sense of security. Unfortunately there are many, many more people like him, and all terrorists are the same.

I found the following article quite interesting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...-arab-reaction

Some "proof" of his death:

Spoiler:
Show
WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-photo-fake?intcmp=239
DingDong!
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm FML'ing right now at the amount FB statuses saying he's not dead, you can't even reason with these people, they're just like "no, but, no", and that's it. :/
i'm cool yeah?
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
pics or it didn't happen

obama be trollin
User414413
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1202440AAoBOym - one of the most idiotic/funny threads on yahoo answers
The Dynamic Uno
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nator)
When was the last time the President of the United States officially announced Osama bin Laden has been caught and killed?
ish90an
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mellie220)
I'm not sure if I quite believe it, taking the US's word for it isn't exactly the most reliable source...
Mind you, if they wanted to lie I'm sure they wouldn't have waited almost 10 years.
More importantly, why would the Republicans hide such a victory especially when they were losing the White House? Conspiracy theorists need to think this through...
Panda Vinnie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by History-Student)
Only just woke up? It's nearly one in the afternoon you lazy bugger!

Haha I know! Ironically I was still awake at night when Obama was giving his speech, sadly I didn't have a clue.

Late nights and even later mornings (or afternoons I should say)...that's what the revision holidays do to me :laugh:
*Hakz*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nator)
2007 and the reliability of it is still being questioned.
Nator
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by The Dynamic Uno)
When was the last time the President of the United States officially announced Osama bin Laden has been caught and killed?
Doesn't answer the question
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Seasick Steve)
Let's not start conspiracy theories about whether he's dead or not. If he was still alive, Al Quaeda would deny the claims that he's dead. There's photos of his body, and the whole thing would have been captured on the soldiers' helmet cameras.
Osama wasn't the leader of the present day Al Quaeda, he has no connection with Al Quaeda operations.
*Hakz*
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by charcharchar)
I wonder how the Taliban will react now... pretty nervous about that.

I heard they possibly have a nuclear bomb somewhere in Europe and if Bin Laden is killed, they'll let it off.
Nonsense, I tell you.

If they had the opportunity to use a nuclear bomb, they would have used it at their first glance.
Trouser Snake
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No Postmotern

No DNA

NO EVIDENCE
Tabris
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xDave-)
Are there photos/videos of him/the assault or anything? Like many people, I find it a little odd, but I believe it's the truth considering Obama's speech.
The thing about is that it was carried out by US Special Forces. Don't know which branch it was, but it's likely that they'll keep as much as poss, a secret.

I wouldn't expect to see/hear too much about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads