The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by R.B.G
Wasn't his hideout near a Pakistani army base too? They would have to be the world's ****test army to not pick up on it. Do you think they are just trying to avoid retalliation being aimed at Pakistan?

The Pakistani army is very good thanks very much. In my opinion, the ISI were protecting Pakistan- it's in their interest to back the winning horse when the US withdraws from Afghanistan.
Original post by iainthegreat
Yeah I did, and he is, but he's a clever one. He's caused far more deaths than most so called 'terrorists'.

And has he made any real steps to begin pulling out?

Probably not and perhaps he could have but calling him a terrorist is going a bit far IMO. Unfortunately one of the downsides of being president is that you cannot just do the right thing as soon as you are in office, no matter how much you want to.
Reply 902
Original post by Tommyjw
My god your really that thick.
THERE IS NOTHING THAT STATES HE CANNOT BE BURIED AT SEA

This is a fact.
Every news article is stating he was buried according to islamic tradition.

Deal with it.

No genius, every news article states that the US claim it was done according to Islamic tradition. Yet the most senior Islamic scholars disagree. Who is more likely to be right?

Deal with it.
Reply 903
That's a ridonculous pile of BS. The photo of Bin laden dead is obviously fake.

The US government is behind all of this, the man is just a scapegoat and he is probably at the other end of the world by now in a villa that the US has bought him to spend the rest of his days in. Just to get him out of the public.

And all this search for him??? Hmmz.. Fake Took 10 years. I wonder who planned all of this.: " Let's wait for a solid number of years, 10 should be enough to show the world the meaningless effort to find umm... no one and display our military strength. Yeah that should do it. And let's end all of this on the 1st of May.."

Bullcrap
Reply 904
Original post by R.B.G
No genius, every news article states that the US claim it was done according to Islamic tradition. Yet the most senior Islamic scholars disagree. Who is more likely to be right?

Deal with it.

Nope your right.
The US, all the news articles, all the journalists and Officials etc.
They are allw rong.

You're pathetic source with two sentences of information of bull **** is a better source.. right ok.. i get you :rolleyes:
Reply 905
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
that was from January you choad

well done, want a cookie you ****?
Reply 906
Original post by oZu

Well done genius, everyone knows this anyway.

The picture isn't an official one at all you idiot.

Jesus, learn something will you :L
Reply 907
Original post by infernalcradle
lets put it this way.....

we are gonna have a **** storm coming our way in the short term.....

although given that the entire thing was fully US....maybe those of us in the UK/EU will avoid most of the crap?

No, it will be just be you guys. There's no way they're touching the u.s. security is too tight.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 908
Original post by oZu

The US government is behind all of this, the man is just a scapegoat and he is probably at the other end of the world by now in a villa that the US has bought him to spend the rest of his days in. Just to get him out of the public.

And all this search for him??? Hmmz.. Fake Took 10 years. I wonder who planned all of this.: " Let's wait for a solid number of years, 10 should be enough to show the world the meaningless effort to find umm... no one and display our military strength. Yeah that should do it. And let's end all of this on the 1st of May.."

Bullcrap

It's less than 10 years since 9/11 - even then 9/11 wasn't his first and only attack on America so how can you count that as the start of it all?
And it happened at like 3/4 am local time on the 2nd of May.

I hope you seriously read over what you wrote
"the US governmnt is all behind this" like seriously.

i'm one for not reading much into media stories, but you actually sound silly.
Reply 909
Original post by Tommyjw
Nope your right.
The US, all the news articles, all the journalists and Officials etc.
They are allw rong.

You're pathetic source with two sentences of information of bull **** is a better source.. right ok.. i get you :rolleyes:

I didn't claim the news articles were wrong. Re-read my post. The news articles stated that the US claimed it was done in accordance with Islamic tradition. This is fact.

If you want to re-word what I said so it makes you feel better thats ok then....I get you :rolleyes:
Second time i have posted this. I suggest sceptics actually take a look at the facts, instead of making crazy conspiracies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden
Original post by oZu

Bullcrap

He was either shot dead last night, died a long long time ago or is now living it up on a nice US-payoff... No-one will ever know

However, HOW ON EARTH did the entire USA SUPERPOWER take 10 years to find and assassinate one 'Osama bin laden' ?!?!

Well there is now a nice excuse to occupy Pakistan. This will be a repeat of Afghanistan and Iraq. :frown:
This has also been the perfect provocation for further terror threats

On another note....
Why was Prince William's honeymoon miraculously delayed?
Why has this murder occurred 2 days after the failed assassination attempt on Colonel Gadaffi which instead killed his son and grandchildren, if not to create an even biger news headline to take the eyes off what is happening in the Middle East?
Was Osama Bin Laden a superhuman robot who managed to live in a nice compound in an affluent area of Pakistan undetected?
Why are there no pictures of at least his dead body?
Why was he killed and BURIED AT SEA and not put on trial?

So many questions! :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 912
Original post by R.B.G
I didn't claim the news articles were wrong. Re-read my post. The news articles stated that the US claimed it was done in accordance with Islamic tradition. This is fact.

If you want to re-word what I said so it makes you feel better thats ok then....I get you :rolleyes:

You make no sense :facepalm:
You gave a source which tried to say the burial was a sin.. and now your saying that it was done in accordance to tradition .. make you're mind up, you're embarrassing.
Original post by shenzys
I hate the way some of the posts are looking down upon some of the views of other users - just because every news paper is seen as reporting the death of bin Laden doesn't make it true and I like the fact that people in our age group don't just sit back and accept the BS thats being fed to us. Something as big as this being confirmed and there is no proof? At least let us see the lab report of the DNA being confirmed on this date since the body is already conveniently dumped in the sea. It makes sense not to accept it imo, and until I see proof I will continue to believe what I see makes sense.

This pretty much summed up my thoughts, upon hearing the news of Osama's 'death'.

There's just something not quite right about it; from the events that lead to his death to the aftermath of it (buried at sea).:rolleyes: It's beginning to sound like a total debacle.
Reply 914
Original post by Tommyjw
You make no sense :facepalm:
You gave a source which tried to say the burial was a sin.. and now your saying that it was done in accordance to tradition .. make you're mind up, you're embarrassing.

:facepalm:

Read what I say carefully. The news articles stated that the US claimed it was done in accordance with Islamic tradition. The news articles were correct in saying that US claimed it. They never said it was a fact that Bin Laden's burial was Islamic - they only said that the US claimed it was.

Your embarrassing.
Reply 915
Original post by WildBerrySpirit
This pretty much summed up my thoughts, upon hearing the news of Osama's 'death'.

There's just something quite not right about it; from the events that lead to his death to the aftermath of it (buried at sea).:rolleyes: It's beginning to sound like a total debacle.

Except for the fact everything about it can be explained easily and with real logic.
Original post by FreshPrincess1
He either died a long long time ago or is now living it up on a nice US-payoff...

How can people seriously believe that the SUPERPOWER that is the USA took 10 years to find and assassinate 'Osama bin laden' ?!?!

They now have a nice excuse to occupy Pakistan. This will be a repeat of Afghanistan and Iraq.

On another note....
Why was Prince William's honeymoon miraculously delayed?
Why has this murder occurred 2 says after the failed assassination attempt on Gadaffi which instead killed his son and grandchildren, if not to create an even biger news headline to take the eyes off what is happening in the Middle East?
Was Osama Bin Laden a superhuman robot who managed to live in a nice compound in an affluent area of Pakistan undetected?

So many questions!

I am not sure why they are going to occupy Pakistan. That is possibly the most stupid thing I have read on this thread.

Actually, your entire post is moronic.
Personally I find it ironic how millions of $'s and £'s have been spent tracking him down and it turns out he was cotching in his crib 20 minutes from a military base. If nothing else, his death has merely highlighted military incompetence.
Reply 918
Original post by Tommyjw
Links to what?
https://twitter.com/#!/ReallyVirtual/
Guys twitter ^

The 'going to release pictures' statement is on loads of different articles and news sites.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-pictures-from-inside-his-1m-compound-115875-23102551/
Link with pictures from abc news .

Whilst the twitter proves a raid happened, it doesn't prove Osama is dead does it?

Those pictures show a bloodstained bed, but no Osama...

I think insulting people who are yet to believe the claims is unnecessary. When actual pictures of him are released I'm sure people will accept it.
Reply 919
Original post by R.B.G
:facepalm:

Read what I say carefully. The news articles stated that the US claimed it was done in accordance with Islamic tradition. The news articles were correct in saying that US claimed it. They never said it was a fact that Bin Laden's burial was Islamic - they only said that the US claimed it was.

Your embarrassing.

This is journalism. If they said 'it WAS..' without official reports being issued (because they have not been yet) then they would be lying. They have to CLAIM it was done.

I guess i'm just not a conspiracy freak like some people, and when US officials and such tell us he was buried traditionally, i believe them :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending