POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
You're not too smart, are you?
Well let's see
You post meaningless posts.. with no regard to any actual intelligent conversation or debate, and your argument for why my post is wrong is' You're not too smart' rather than post any real in put as to why you think my post was wrong in any form . I think you have it the wrong way around Bless.
Marinated_in_Joy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I voted the last one for the lulz. I mean, come on
Marinated_in_Joy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
To lighten the tone just a little...

Anybody noticed that Malcolm Tucker's sat behind Hillary Clinton?

As for this talk of a conspiracy/fabrication... do you really think that in a world with Wikileaks that the Obama Administration would risk that getting leaked? I mean - his administration is so leaky you could use it as a colander. They'd never be able to keep that sort of thing under wraps.

Hahaha I TOTALLY saw that and thought I was alone. :hugs:
Pax Amerifauna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by /raees.rahim)
what?
Sorry, I thought you were sad at his death.
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Osama Bin Laden Dead: Muslim Scholar Says Al Qaeda Leader's Sea Burial 'Humiliates' Muslims

For the love of lifeeeeee, you gotta be *beeping* ****''in me.

CAIRO --Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden's burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets. Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial –as with many issues within the faith –a wide range of senior Islamic scholars interpreted it as a humiliating disregard for the standard Muslim practice of placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca. Sea burials can be allowed, they said, but only in special cases where the death occurred aboard a ship. Bin Laden's burial at sea "runs contrary to the principles of Islamic laws, religious values and humanitarian customs," said Sheik Ahmed al-Tayeb, the grand Imam of Cairo's al-Azhar mosque, Sunni Islam's highest seat of learning. A radical cleric in Lebanon, Omar Bakri Mohammed, said, "The Americans want to humiliate Muslims through this burial, and I don't think this is in the interest of the U.S. administration." A U.S. official said the burial decision was made after concluding that it would have been difficult to find a country willing to accept the remains. There was also speculation about worry that a grave site could have become a rallying point for militants. The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters. President Barack Obama said the remains had been handled in accordance with Islamic custom, which requires speedy burial, and the Pentagon later said the body was placed into the waters of the northern Arabian Sea after adhering to traditional Islamic procedures –including washing the corpse –aboard the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson. But the Lebanese cleric Mohammed called it a "strategic mistake" that was bound to stoke rage. In Washington, CIA director Leon Panetta warned that "terrorists almost certainly will attempt to avenge" the killing of the mastermind behind the Sept. 11 attacks. "Bin Laden is dead," Panetta wrote in a memo to CIA staff. "Al-Qaida is not." According to Islamic teachings, the highest honor to be bestowed on the dead is giving the deceased a swift burial, preferably before sunset. Those who die while traveling at sea can have their bodies committed to the bottom of the ocean if they are far off the coast, according to Islamic tradition. "They can say they buried him at sea, but they cannot say they did it according to Islam," Mohammed al-Qubaisi, Dubai's grand mufti, said about bin Laden's burial. "If the family does not want him, it's really simple in Islam: You dig up a grave anywhere, even on a remote island, you say the prayers and that's it." "Sea burials are permissible for Muslims in extraordinary circumstances," he added. "This is not one of them." But Mohammed Qudah, a professor of Islamic law at the University of Jordan, said burying the Saudi-born bin Laden at sea was not forbidden if there was nobody to receive the body and provide a Muslim burial. "The land and the sea belong to God, who is able to protect and raise the dead at the end of times for Judgment Day," he said. "It's neither true nor correct to claim that there was nobody in the Muslim world ready to receive bin Laden's body." Clerics in Iraq, where an offshoot of al-Qaida is blamed for the death of thousands of people since 2003, also criticized the U.S. action. One said it only benefited fish. "If a man dies on a ship that is a long distance from land, then the dead man should be buried at the sea," said Shiite cleric Ibrahim al-Jabari. "But if he dies on land, then he should be buried in the ground, not to be thrown into the sea. Otherwise, this would be only inviting fish to a banquet." The Islamic tradition of a quick burial was the subject of intense debate in Iraq in 2003 when U.S. forces embalmed the bodies of Saddam Hussein's two sons after they were killed in a firefight. Their bodies were later shown to media. "What was done by the Americans is forbidden by Islam and might provoke some Muslims," said another Islamic scholar from Iraq, Abdul-Sattar al-Janabi, who preaches at Baghdad's famous Abu Hanifa mosque. "It is not acceptable and it is almost a crime to throw the body of a Muslim man into the sea. The body of bin Laden should have been handed over to his family to look for a country or land to bury him." Prominent Egyptian Islamic analyst and lawyer Montasser el-Zayat said bin Laden's sea burial was designed to prevent his grave from becoming a shrine. But an option was an unmarked grave. "They don't want to see him become a symbol, but he is already a symbol in people's hearts."

lord give us strength to deal with these ingrates.

In other relevant news:

conspiracy theory forum trolls can bask in this image of what looks like osamas bed room.

Osama bin Laden was killed in his "mansion," according to the New York Times. Where did America's most wanted terrorist call home? The compound was located in the city of Abbottabad, Pakistan, about two hours outside of Islamabad. According to the Times, while comfortable in some respects, the residents did take security seriously: It was hardly the spartan cave in the mountains where many had envisioned Bin Laden to be hiding. Rather, it was a mansion on the outskirts of the town's center, set on an imposing hilltop and ringed by 12-foot-high concrete walls topped with barbed wire. The property was valued at $1 million, but it had neither a telephone nor an Internet connection. Its residents were so concerned about security that they burned their trash rather putting it on the street for collection like their neighbors.

So, not only can't we please Islamic hierarchy , we can't please conspiracy theorist with osamas 72 virgin v.i.p room.
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
I don't wish death on your brothers - or anyone. No one deserves to die. That also means their victims don't deserve to die.
That's not what it sounded like a few posts back. Their "victims" are the enemy. The enemy, in war, is generally shot at.

These soldiers are signing up to go to another country and kill people. Imagine if people were doing that here. A foreign army coming in to kill British people who were deemed "terrorists" - even if the majority of people were under the reigns of an oppressive regime, there would be some who would willingly take up arms to defend what they regarded as an invasion of their home.
Perhaps so. However, why fire at the "Liberators"? The Coalition are liberating Afghanistan from the regime of the Mujahadeen and the splinter factions of Al-Qaeda.
Where we under such regimes, I'd join the Liberators.
We're installing Democracy within a country that has been under the umbrella of oppression. We did it in Iraq, (albeit a hazy dilemma there), and we'll do it here. We've already built roads, schools, medical centers and food stations for those in the mountains. Is that not better then living under extremist groups such as the aforementioned?
We liberated the Poles, and we liberated the Dutch in World War Two in the Western European Theater. Along with the French, Belgians, Germans, Italians, and the rest.

The fact is, there is no justification for this war or any war except when there is no other way of stopping a lunatic from mass murder on a global scale (i.e, Hitler). If you're going to turn around and use the old "hey, but we wanted to get rid of Saddam/Osama/Taleban" excuse then go "liberate" all the other countries that have oppressive dictators. Wonder where that will end.
As mentioned above, we're fighting the oppressive regimes there. Installing Democracy and the chance of a fair-system. There is also justification for every war. From the Crimean, to the Boer, Vietnam to World War One; usually its to cease atrocities and oppression in an area.
In fairness, what we are doing is beneficial. Hell, we (well, the USA) even armed the Afghans with the very weapons they are fighting us with now. The American CIA poured millions of dollars worth of arms and ammo into Afghanistan so they could fight the Soviets.
This was for the benefit of the Americans, of course; But now its backfired; the same Stingers we sent there are now a threat to our own Helicopters.

When you and your nationalist cronies mourn the deaths of British soldiers, I switch over the channel. I don't want to see the funeral of some murderer raised to cult status, as if they're actually heroes. They're not and never will be. They're killers. A killer is a murderer, whether it's one madman, a state, a government and the tools thereof. Sure, you can say they have diminished responsibility because they must be monumentually stupid to have allowed themselves to be brainwashed into actually signing up, but they still signed up knowing they were going to kill. Killing is wrong.
Nationalist? Pfft, I'm as far from a Nationalist as you can get. Still, the majority of the first few lines in that post are again there to simply piss me off. Meh, again, your entitlement to free-speech.

But they are heroes. Make no mistake of that.

I refrain from insulting you, as it doesn't get a post anywhere, but please don't be so naive enough to suggest all Soldiers are murderers. Sure, some go past being a force to eliminate a designated enemy and attack civilians.
But for the majority, and I could give you hundreds of examples, they are doing what they do because they believe its the right thing to do.

I don't want to see Islamic people oppressed by Religious Extremists; I would stop it if I saw it. We're there to stop Dictatorial, Religious Extremism endangering the lives of the many.

But no, not all killing is wrong. You aren't talking logically there; so suffice it to say, not all killing is wrong.

Maybe some people disagree on soldiers being murderers, as you implied, but I think the majority of the population of the world would agree that killing another human being is wrong.
Oh yeah? People didn't seem to be chanting "oh that's wrong" around the War Memorials in the USA the other night. In fact, if anything, it seemed as if they were celebrating the death of a man who had caused the deaths of 4,000 people and was part of an organization planning the deaths of millions more. Is that right for him to do? Shouldn't he be punished?

Why should he be allowed to live? Why should he get away with tearing up the lives of so many thousands, gloating over it in numerous videos.
Sorry, when a Soldier of the Coalition kills an enemy, we don't gloat and publicize to the families of that man that we killed him.
My Brother and my Step-Brother have killed people. People who've engaged them in direct combat, threatened their lives and the lives of their comrades and civilians around them. What would you have them do? Run up and arrest them whilst being shot at? Ask them kindly to stop?

You aren't being logical. If you want to run up to a man who believes his sole purpose in life is to kill you and others like you, ask him to lay down his arms and stop, you be my guest.
Bakasplitz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by acedlol)
So Osama bin Laden had finally been killed. They must've found him using his Playstation Network details.
:teehee:
zxh800
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Pax Amerifauna)
Muslims are always playing the victim, pretty much, even when (as they always are) they are the aggressors.
Clumping millions of people into one easy to blame group. How convenient. Some Muslims may play the victim card too easily but that doesn't mean they all do or that they always do.

Who were the aggressors here, or here, or here?

You may bring examples of Muslims doing bad things, or even Muslim nations doing bad things but that doesn't hide the fact that other countries and groups of people do bad things too.

They all secretly or openly admired bin Laden, so of course they are going to use this as an opportunity to claim Islam is being defamed, as that gives them an excuse for more murderous rampages. Muslims can only be at your feet or at your throat.
Generalisation much? Where do you get your evidence for such an assertion? Also your arguement is a non sequitur. How is admiring Bin Laden related to claiming Islam is being defamed due to his death? And similarly, how is claiming Islam being defamed justifying more murderous rampages? Also, am I at your throat? Are the millions of Muslims in the UK or America at your throat? Are the Muslims in Bangladesh or India at your throat? You'll probably say they're all at your feet. But are they really? Aren't the extremists or poppy burners example enough that if the majority of Muslims wanted to do stuff like that they would very much be able to?

And those here who are calling these brave men and women more evil than bin Laden, can go ****ing burn in hell.
I thought you were an atheist?! Or have you reverted? Not all of those men and women are brave. It would be silly to call them all bad and I will not resort to generalisations like you but there are people in the military like the ones in this article
notepad
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JammyDoughnut)
So why are they getting angry and screaming AMERICA CORRUPT instead of accepting responsibility?
They? Stop generalising by basing one (perhaps two) users' beliefs on the whole population.

And I don't know, ask them. And to be fair, America is corrupt, too
Tabris
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lizzzle)
Of course these are whatifs, nobody was there, none of us are navy seals, at the moment we don't know if he had a weapon but we do know he resisted arrest, in a time of need he would seemingly be desperate to do anything. Plus videos of the compound show blood all over the floor and well.. everything... everywhere.

There is a time to be fair and just and think of human rights, but there are always exceptional circumstances.
You forget where we are. People love jumping to conclusions on TSR
Millz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by persianboydaddy)
Afghanistan has oil too, as well as essential minerals and rarities, e.g. diamonds (its full of volcanoes and mountains) if u didnt know...

and yea it has heroine, opium etc.. too
Most countries do but in what quantity?
Millz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They should have tortured him, and extracted information. Then see how he likes having his head sawn of. Well maybe the last statement is a bit extreme but he has funded horrendous things. Yes, the western states are often hypocrites but then our leaders do not listen to us. So why should we be targeted, and he also killed his own. So in essence he was just on an ego trip and needed to be removed.

N.B. I apologize if my comments have offended anyone.
Matiboy95
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Read some rumours about who was getting the reward for Bin Laden's killing.
Anyone know?
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The intelligence team who found him, I suppose?
Tenbinza
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No-one - he was killed by US special forces acting on information gathered by the FBI - ergo, noone gets anything.

N:B They should give it to Charlie Sheen though.
efn
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i think i should get it, i helped find osama by hacking his PSN
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
they should give it to Chuck Norris, I hear he has just got back from Pakistan.
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It was 25 soldiers involved, wasn't it? Give them a million each.

But as state employees they're probably ineligible.
Mr-Dangerous
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Jay-Z...

...Just for the sake of it.
edd360
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Im not bothered I hate coconut
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
22.91%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.2%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
14.12%

Watched Threads