I have my first date in years and I cant sleep(not due to anxiety) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My sleep pattern has been getting worse for last 3 years, to the point where I can only sleep at certain times and/or after I know I have to i.e have class at 9am so plan to go to bed between midnight and 1am to go to bed around 2.30am or have a class at 12 and plan to go to bed no later than 4 to go to bed 5-6am then miss class as I am tired.

Anyway I have a date tommorow for no set time(its a girl I know who we have been chatting to for 3 months and only met once before) I booked a Travelodge in her city and its 2 and a half hours on train so I want to leave no later than around 10am as want to make a day of it(since she wants to go around town with me and to museum and get dinner etc) since she has to work next morning.

Anyway my brain is saying stay awake as I am bright now and the best train to get is around 7.45am as I have a cheap ticket.

However if that happens I will waste my date and also wont have the energy to go around town.

And if I go to bed now I wont wake up till around 1pm wasting our day.

I am thinking of also staying awake to reset sleep pattern and so I wake up early in morning on Tuesday and have the day around town by myself(as I dont have to be out of TL till 12 and train back isnt till 3)

What would you do?
rawwwwr!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whaaaat?

Set your alarm. Lots of alarms. Go to bed. Get up. Get an early enough train. Go on date. Then fix sleeping pattern.
ibs137
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
get a good night's sleep
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rawwwwr!)
Whaaaat?

Set your alarm. Lots of alarms. Go to bed. Get up. Get an early enough train. Go on date. Then fix sleeping pattern.
Even if theres a fire alarm I can sleep through it or at least doze in and out.

3 weeks ago my neighbours flat was broken into at 10am(and my bedroom wall is next to my front door which is almost touching his door) and all it did was wake me up and each time I drifted back I heard another bang.

Didnt get out of bed till around 3pm in the afternoon!

The other reason is officially my train ticket only works at 9am but I am gonna try risking another train, its not an advance one but a anytime one which only works on one train company and not another i.e my ticket is only valid for virgin trains and there is only 1 virgin train that goes through the station a day rest are First so I may have to pay again.
Anoodles
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol man up - have a cat-nap now for a couple of hours - then when you wake (with the help of some heavy duty alarms) saturate your stomach with caffeine...perfect quick fix for the day. Boring to sacrifice your date for sleep.. Plus you have the train ride to nap in as well .
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anoodles)
Lol man up - have a cat-nap now for a couple of hours - then when you wake (with the help of some heavy duty alarms) saturate your stomach with caffeine...perfect quick fix for the day. Boring to sacrifice your date for sleep.. Plus you have the train ride to nap in as well .
Lol its not about waking up its about my brain getting into gear for lack of better words.

When I sleep I go in a deep sleep mode right away and my brain wont let me wake up until I have had at least 8 hours, i.e after 8 hours if someone knocks on my door loudly I will get up and be fine for staying awake, give me 6 and I will keep wanting to go back to bed, even 7 and I am bad, that is unless its already the afternoon and I can stay awake,

I wouldnt of cancelled the date more by time I got there it would be a bit pointless since this girl is smitten with me(to the point of staying over at her friends house since she lives about 15 miles away just so she can come straight to see me when I get off train) I wouldnt get there till at least 3 or 4pm if I got a good nights sleep thus meaning what we did do was rushed.

Plus she has said she wants to sleep with me during that time lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anoodles)
Also to go deeper, perhaps what my problem is under 8 hours sleep feels like a nap therefore I can get up easy but at same time it then feels a couple of hours later its bedtime.

Likewise if I stayed up all day and went to bed at 8pm then woke up at midnight I can easily stay up all night! but have 4 hours sleep the night before and I want to go to bed around 8pm and then would sleep to morning

I am a enigma!
lisa_87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
in situations like these, I usually just get my friends in other time zones to call me repeatedly until I wake up.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dude you need your sleep you're going to regret feeling tired all day and not be able to enjoy anything. And if you do get lucky later on you'll probably just fall asleep and ruin all your chances.
MathematicsKiller
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anyway I have a date tommorow for no set time(its a girl I know who we have been chatting to for 3 months and only met once before) I booked a Travelodge in her city and its 2 and a half hours on train so I want to leave no later than around 10am as want to make a day of it(since she wants to go around town with me and to museum and get dinner etc) since she has to work next morning.
Who is "we"?

That is some weird stuff that you're into...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise