Osama Bin Laden is Dead Watch

Tesphena
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
The most prominent face of terror in America and beyond, Osama Bin Laden, has been killed in Pakistan, U.S. officials said Sunday night.

Bin Laden was the leader of al Qaeda, the terrorist network behind the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States. U.S. officials said that their forces have the body of bin Laden.
Source

The Democratic Republic of the Congo congratulates The United States on this victory and hopes that the complete destruction of Al Qaeda will be imminent.
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The sad truth of the matter si this will do more harm than good. The world would've been better served if they'd allowed him to die an increasingly bitter old man who watched in vain as his heartlands turned towards democracy. This action will serve only to be a recruiting sargeant for extremists.
CookieGhoul
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Malaysia hopes that the death of Bin Laden brings about universal peace and harmony. However, we also feel that international terrorism is not centred on one particular individual.

[ooc] I dunno but this seems a huge coincidence to me. The timing is impeccable. Maybe all these events are true and that it really did happen. But I'm just not too sure as of now. [/ooc]
Me-A-Doctor?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Finland hopes this will be a turning point for UN forces and hopes this will lead to a brighter future all round.

Finland unfortuantely agrees that this may indeed do more harm than good, although Finland commends the USA for following Muslim traditions and disposing of the body within 24hours, therefore not causing undue damage.
username521600
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Austria recognises this as a step towards freedom and justice. Congratulations Obama and the USA. This may lead to more of a terror threat either in the short-term or long-term. The global community should continue to tackle Islamic terrorism by appropriate means.
username202682
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Russia welcomes the serious success the United States achieved in the war against international terrorism. Retribution inevitably reaches all terrorists.
andrewmc96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Poland would like to congratulate the United States of America on achieving their aim of killing Osama Bin Laden. Poland hopes that this could be the turning point in tackling global terrorism but would like to remind its citizens in Poland and further afield to remain vigilant as retaliation by terrorist organisations is a real threat.
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[ooc] I wonder what the threat level will be now [/ooc]
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nigeria hopes that the death of Bin Laden will aid in reducing the Islamist group in the north of Nigeria
The Cornerstone
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The african union hopes that the death of Bin Laden will weaken the terrorist groups in north africa.
Rhadamanthus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The State of Israel joins the American people on this historic day in applauding the successful strike against Osama Bin Laden. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu congratulates US President Barack Obama, America's military and its intelligence services on this great accomplishment.

"This is a resounding victory for justice, freedom and the common values of all democracies that are resolutely fighting shoulder to shoulder against terrorism."

We regret that the Palestinian Authority's new partner Hamas have spoken out against the killing of Bin Laden.
mrt23498
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Pacific Nation Fiji would like to express it's concerns about this revelation. Is Bin Laden dead? We want proof!
toronto353
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Myanmar and North Korea welcome this news, but hope that these actions will make the world a safer, and not, more dangerous place as a result.
Moleman1996
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tunisia congratulates the USA on its victory, however we seek to stress that Mr Bin Laden was merely a figurehead for Al Qaeda in recent years, and no longer the mastermind behind its bomb plots. Whilst recognising this as a big victory, we still cannot stress enough that Al Qaeda remains at large, and that similar operations to the one that killed Osama Bin Laden may be the way to win the war against terrorism, rather than large scale armies waiting for battles that will never come. We would also urge all countries to remain vigilant for the inevitable revenge attacks. However, America's victory should not be underestimated.
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The United Kingdom congratulates the United States on bin Laden's capture. However this should not be taken by anyone that the atrocities of 11 September 2001 have been avenged; indeed there were undoubtedly many more behind 9/11. The UK would discourage the constant search for those accountable for the attacks for the sake of it and concentrate on combatting global terrorism as a whole. These are not mutually exclusive but revenge will only stimulate more revenge.

OOC: Looking back at that post it seems a bit OOC..
broadwayrachael
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This news is welcomed in Norway and we congratulate the United States on their successful mission.
SpiritedAway
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
New Zealand and Greece congratulate the US on this victory. Greece however does expect retaliation and thinks it's a little too optimistic to expect that this be a major turning point in terrorism. A man who has been searched for for 10 years has been found and justice has been done, but there are still many terrorist groups out there and this was just a tiny mile-stone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.86%
No - but I will (46)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.32%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
46.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise