The Student Room Group

Is Osama's death going to make Obama popular?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60

NO. Death to Obama.
Haven't there already been crowds cheering "four more years"?

Obama is staying right where he is.
Original post by History-Student
Haven't there already been crowds cheering "four more years"?

Obama is staying right where he is.

Yeah his own supporters.

If he pulled out of Afghanistan then I think he could, but if the war now prolongs, I very much doubt anything changes. I think he will re-elected but not because of this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 63
in my view: the credit of bin laden death goes to Gen David Petraeus
Is Osama's death going to make Obama popular? answer- Probably
As long as the US economy improves at its current rate he will get a second term regardless. The Republican party is currently in disarray and it seems like they would really struggle to find a viable candidate to obtain moderate/independant votes. When people like Donald Trump and Sarah Palin are being bound around as serious candidates at this time before an election you know your party is a bit of a joke
There is no decent republican presidential opposition, and he just achieved a SERIOUS foreign policy coup that has been at the top of the US agenda for a decade.

He will get a second term.
Yes, he did what both Bill Clinton and George Bush failed to do over the last 13 years since he become one of America's most wanted, he is the face of Bin Laden's demise
Original post by S1L3NTPR3Y
Yes, he did what both Bill Clinton and George Bush failed to do over the last 13 years since he become one of America's most wanted, he is the face of Bin Laden's demise

13 years too late I'm afriad. Bin Laden's been anonymous for several years now. Nothing changes with regards with to the war on terror. Its not like V Day and the defeat of Hitler which brought down the nazi's.
Reply 69
Original post by Hazular
I've been hearing chitchat that he was unlikely to be elected for a second term because some Americans don't agree with his reforms. Do we reckon that this killing of the elusive al-Qaeda leader will make him more popular with the American public?
Opinions?

NB: I nearly cried during his speech. What a beautiful man :colondollar:

I've moved this thread to the D&CA > International subforum.
Reply 70
Original post by Hazular
I've been hearing chitchat that he was unlikely to be elected for a second term because some Americans don't agree with his reforms. Do we reckon that this killing of the elusive al-Qaeda leader will make him more popular with the American public?
Opinions?

NB: I nearly cried during his speech. What a beautiful man :colondollar:

Why were you on the verge of tears over a non-speech? Silly cow.
I think definitely, will give him a very good chance of winning the next election.
Reply 72
yes
Reply 73
Original post by The_0001
Why were you on the verge of tears over a non-speech? Silly cow.

Sarcasm? Dense moron.
Reply 74
Original post by Hazular
Sarcasm? Dense moron.

LOL @ your failed attempt at being sarcastic.
no im guessing it is going to lead to even worse terrorism, by killing the leader, you let the angry pack of wolves free, even more dangerous than the leader himself, this was a foolish thing to do.
Reply 76
Original post by The_0001
LOL @ your failed attempt at being sarcastic.

It's not my fault if you don't understand it, sorry. :rolleyes:
Reply 77
Of course it will. He did something Bush couldn't. Kill Osama, apparantly.
Reply 78
Original post by Hazular
It's not my fault if you don't understand it, sorry. :rolleyes:

Ha fiiine :smile:.
Obama will almost certainly be reelected again. If he didn't then...

Shouts "conspiracy!" everywhere... :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest