St. Andrews acceptance from the states? Watch

Audreyhayes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,
I live in the USA. I was wondering if they accept a lot of people from ther? Or less? Or normal? Thanks
OrmondDrone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Audreyhayes)
Hi,
I live in the USA. I was wondering if they accept a lot of people from ther? Or less? Or normal? Thanks
St Andrews sends representatives to college fairs at top preps including Exeter, Andover, Choate, Deerfield etc and they seem to get a lot of students from the US.
killerhales
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sure, but the supply of Princes has run out
Sharri5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by killerhales)
Why does everyone think that the only reason americans want to go st. andrews was because little willy went there. Americans were going to st. andrews in large numbers before little willy even set foot there. ----I like calling him little willy, either that or baldy.
Oh-WOW
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yep. They acept a huge amount of Americans compared to other universities. I was at a lecture by the US ambassador to the UK earlier this month and the principal said that 1 in 5 students here are American.
Audreyhayes
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by killerhales)
I actually wanted to go there before I knew the prince went there...
And thank you to everyone else
therealOG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
15% of students at St. Andrews are American.
cinyann
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hey,
I just moved to the US. and I am planning to apply to St Andrew next year!!! such a beautiful place !!!! and a prestigious school!
but the problem is that I have not taken any AP or SAT or ACT.... is that really a matter???
cuz my schooling background is kinda perplexing.....
one year in China
1.5 year in Italy
and then i took a four month gap, one semester short to graduate from the stupid italian school I went.
so bck here, hope to finish my high school in one year and then go to my dream place.

What should I do to prepare and possibilities????

pls!!! I am frustrated,.,, I need help!
_Bright Eyes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can't walk down the street without hearing a dozen American accents, so I'd guess the acceptance rate is pretty high..
The Fez
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cinyann)
hey,
I just moved to the US. and I am planning to apply to St Andrew next year!!! such a beautiful place !!!! and a prestigious school!
but the problem is that I have not taken any AP or SAT or ACT.... is that really a matter???
cuz my schooling background is kinda perplexing.....
one year in China
1.5 year in Italy
and then i took a four month gap, one semester short to graduate from the stupid italian school I went.
so bck here, hope to finish my high school in one year and then go to my dream place.

What should I do to prepare and possibilities????

pls!!! I am frustrated,.,, I need help!
A year? What qualifications do you already have? Well you can start by taking SAT and SAT subjects prep courses, usually a lot of community colleges / private schools offer them.

I read it on their website, it says

Applicants should have taken at least one of the following standardised tests:-

SAT I: around 1950+ across the three elements
SAT subject tests: scores of 600+. 700+ should be attained in all prerequisite subjects

SAT I is really easy, and getting a 1950 is easy if you know what you're doing. As for subject tests, probably take ones that are related to your intended course. SATs are really easy if you prepare for them for at least 4-6 months. Start registering to take the tests now and meanwhile get a book and self-study or go to SAT prep courses. Also, a very strong personal statement and strong recommendations would help you.

And there's the faculty entry requirements : http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/media/De...quirements.pdf
Oxy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, they love you guys. If you can pay the international fees then you're practically guaranteed a place
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.77%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (634)
47.71%

Watched Threads