OBL in Abbottabad proves Pakistani Army complicity Watch

juanmodesto
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Abbottabad is an army town - no stranger can rock-up there and build a million dollar mansion without their say-so. OBL must have been under their protection.
OrmondDrone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wouldn't surprise me.
juanmodesto
Rep:
?
OBL meets his 72 virgins:

James10000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by juanmodesto)
Abbottabad is an army town - no stranger can rock-up there and build a million dollar mansion without their say-so. OBL must have been under their protection.
There is a US military base in the same city as well.
Just because you have troops in the city does not mean you know every single person there, in Iraq for example US troops were stationed in the place Saddam Hussein was captures.Terrorist have even targeted the Sub way in Washington,does this mean the Washington police helped the terrorist live in washington ? no

Also I doubt Bin Laden has been in one place non stop.And who said anything about building million dollar mansions ?

The US must have worked with the pakistan army in this operation, its impossible that US Navy seals could have entered pakistan air space with out the help of the pakistan government.

I think the timing of this is key, a day after the killing of Gaddafis son and its provide a perfect opportunity to run from afghanistan and save Face
juanmodesto
Rep:
?
(Original post by James10000)
There is a US military base in the same city as well.
Just because you have troops in the city does not mean you know every single person there, in Iraq for example US troops were stationed in the place Saddam Hussein was captures.Terrorist have even targeted the Sub way in Washington,does this mean the Washington police helped the terrorist live in washington ?
Pakistani military cantonments are rigidly controlled by the army. OBL had a mansion 8 times the size of the neighbouring properties (owned by the army or retired senior officers). And his building has 18ft walls. There is simply no way the army did not know and approve of his presence.
James10000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pakistani military cantonments are rigidly controlled by the army. OBL had a mansion 8 times the size of the neighbouring properties (owned by the army or retired senior officers). And his building has 18ft walls. There is simply no way the army did not know and approve of his presence.

OBL didnt stand outside as the house was being built, he couldve moved in after it was completed. I dont know how rigidly they control movement but Obviously the president of the United States as better access to information about the pakistan army than you do, and clearly said with the help of pakistani security forces

"Pakistan can also claim its own successes against Al Qaeda, the most prominent of which was the 2003 arrest of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the principal architect of the Sept. 11 attacks, who was captured in Pakistan's largest city, Karachi, by Pakistani intelligence agents.

The two sides also have cooperated in rounding up senior Taliban figures.

Pakistani security forces detained Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, the Afghan Taliban's second-in-command, in Karachi early last year on the basis of intelligence provided by the United States.
juanmodesto
Rep:
?
(Original post by James10000)
OBL didnt stand outside as the house was being built, he couldve moved in after it was completed. I dont know how rigidly they control movement but Obviously the president of the United States as better access to information about the pakistan army than you do, and clearly said with the help of pakistani security forces
Obama was very careful and ambiguous with his wording. However, MSNBC are reporting a White House official as saying no other government was informed prior to the operation and only US forces participated .

BTW this mansion with 18 foot walls was 1/2km from the Pakistani equivalent of Sandhurst. You can bet your life that anybody building something like that in that location would be crawled all over by the ISI - except of course they knew exactly who was building it and had approved in advance.
CombineHarvester
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The raid which led to Bin Laden's death was organised by the Pakistani army apparently.
juanmodesto
Rep:
?
(Original post by CombineHarvester)
The raid which led to Bin Laden's death was organised by the Pakistani army apparently.
Not according to MSNBC or the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13257330

Pakistani troops arrived at the scene after the attack was over and they have now completely taken over the area
CombineHarvester
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not according to MSNBC or the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13257330

Pakistani troops arrived at the scene after the attack was over and they have now completely taken over the area
Didn't the intelligence come from the ISI? Obama said the operation involved working closely with their Pakistani allies and hopes this valuable relationship will continue in the war against terror. The US military acted on Pakistani intelligence with the authorization of Obama according to reports.
mynameisq
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't know why some people think Osama walked around outside trying to find a plot of land to build a mansion on. Obviously it was owned by one of his many contacts and he moved in eventually and discreetly. I personally think a few local people might have known but they would have been paid to keep quiet.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CombineHarvester)
Didn't the intelligence come from the ISI? Obama said the operation involved working closely with their Pakistani allies and hopes this valuable relationship will continue in the war against terror. The US military acted on Pakistani intelligence with the authorization of Obama according to reports.
Would be pretty shocked if it did. The ISI does not really like working with the US
CombineHarvester
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
Would be pretty shocked if it did. The ISI does not really like working with the US
I think when it comes to Bin Laden and Al Qaeda their relationship is different compared to the Taliban and Mujahideen. Certainly the US military and CIA knew little about the Abbottabad fortress and were surprised at the scale of the building when they arrived. The Pakistani government has been keen to reduce the incredibly unpopular US drone attacks so have been trying to remove all Al Qaeda elements in Pakistan. Their relationship with the Taliban is more complicated since they worked closely with the Mujahideen during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan under the request of the US.
Hasan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is incredible:
http://www.newser.com/article/d9mjkb...ida-lands.html

Americans arrested someone in the same city just a few weeks ago, surely it would have raised alarm bells where bin Laden was staying?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.56%
No - but I will (17)
5.38%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.33%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.73%

Watched Threads