Osama Bin laden's death will incite more terrorism, so what are we celebrating about? Watch

slavetosociety
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
We are now celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden. The man stained with the blood of 3000 lives. Justice has finally been served people may say.
Do you think Osama's death will only incite more hatred and generally increase the risk of more terrorism instead of decrease it?

My view:
Osama Bin laden's death will only incite more terrorism, so what are we celebrating about?
He was just a mere puppet I believe. We still haven't found the Master who controls the strings
shenzys
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My thoughts exactly
Paul McCartney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Um, we're celebrating because the man who masterminded the deaths of almost 3,000 people is dead :lolwut:
slavetosociety
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by shenzys)
My thoughts exactly
People are so easily distracted. Just a few days ago Al Queda warned a Nuclear Hellstorm if Bin Laden was killed - this obviously means the Americans knew where he was hiding, so why wait a while?

Shouts "conspiracy" everywhere.
ScarletMoon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm celebrating cause he was butt ugly and he almost broke my TV. Yuck.
amime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I agree, although I think if he had been arrested it would bring even more terrorism than it will now that he is dead.

Just my 2 cents
Rishabh95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by amime)
I agree, although I think if he had been arrested it would bring even more terrorism than it will now that he is dead.

Just my 2 cents
I agree!
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because America came again to save the mother****ing day, yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

:rolleyes:
Britishstudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-suspects.html

^^ However, don't you think it's likely they're bluffing? They may be able to hide a bomb in a public bin, but I don't believe they could have a secret nuclear weapon without the authorities knowing, do you?

And I believe it's perfectly acceptable to celebrate. He killed thousands of people, affected millions of people and was evil. The fact that justice has been served makes today a happy day. It's natural to celebrate. We don't know if there will be any consequences, but nonetheless we should celebrate. We should show the terrorists that we're united against their evil acts.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by slavetosociety)
We are now celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden. The man stained with the blood of 3000 lives. Justice has finally been served people may say.
Do you think Osama's death will only incite more hatred and generally increase the risk of more terrorism instead of decrease it?

My view:
Osama Bin laden's death will only incite more terrorism, so what are we celebrating about?
He was just a mere puppet I believe. We still haven't found the Master who controls the strings
Copied from elsewhere.

That's possibly right though. Although no one can guarantee more terrorist attacks, I'm highly expecting it. It would seem sensible that Al Qaeda had an unnamed leader as soon as the US became aware of Bin Laden, so the group could keep going if he were found.

That said, we should celebrate that at least one of the main figures has been found - it seems like a part-justification for all that time and money we've spent in Afghanistan. But I agree, there will most likely be more terrorist attacks, at least in the USA.
Makaveli_The_Don
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
True. Osama was in isolation, he had ability to control and plan terrorist attacks directly from where he was. He is an idol to many small terrorist groups that actually do the majority of terrorist attacks these days, and I fear that the loss of their idol will surely lead to some attacks in retaltiation.
play_fetch
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't help but feel a bit happy that someone who organised the deaths of 1000s of people is dead.. but yeah this is going to kick up a big **** storm.. now what is going to happen? With no leader the Al Queda will just get out of control and do a lot of stupid things...

WHY did they just shoot him? What were they even doing in Pakistan? Surely it would have been much better to catch the ****er.. now he'll just be a martyr. And they've already burried him at sea? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

And now I'm worrying about the London Olympics.. 1000s from all over the world, would be an attack against the West for sure..
DancerPerson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I live in the United States, and the first thought that popped up in my head was this one. I wouldn't be shocked if they took their revenge out on us, although now the thought worries me...
Just-Some-Guy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Osama buried at sea???.....seems a bit fishy to me
pol pot noodles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

My view:
What are we celebrating about? The douche bag is dead.
Are we supposed to cower in fear because the terrorists threaten us? As if they haven't been trying to attack us for the last 20 years?
Let them try and take revenge, because revenge is motivated by anger and when you are angry you make mistakes, and when they make these mistakes we will nail the *******s.
SimpleJane
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haven't even thought about whether it will encourage or discourage more terrorism. All I could think about was the poor american reporter on sky news who kept saying Obama instead of Osama when talking about his death. How embarrassing!
meganeira
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think it probably will be seen as justice for the families who lost relatives and friends in Al-Qaeda attacks more than anything. I agree, his death won't stop terrorism in its tracks, but I think it's probably weakened Al Qaeda in the sense that the most elusive man in the world has been tracked down. He was also their leader, they'll be grieving for him, so the main worry is vengeance attacks by grieving Al-Qaeda members.
Shuvel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well he was a major figurehead / commander, it was partly revenge, partly an attempt to destroy the command and control structure. It's mainly a way of buying time and making terrorists less organised, the actual cause of terrorism isn't going to go away in our lifetimes.
Tefhel
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not sure that it will incite more terrorism - that implies that they've not really been trying to commit any terrorist acts before now, which we know isn't true. Not to say that there won't be any more terrorist attacks, of course they will it's only 1 man they've killed. But will there be 'more' as in some nuclear attack or whatever other tripe the Daily Mail is prophesying, no I don't think so. At least I hope not.
AP1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

My view:
No one is stupid enough to suggest that this will end terrorism. It's serves the purpose of sending out a strong message and is a key accomplishment in the fight against terror. The US has had every intention of killing him and now they've finally achieved it, and in doing so have instilled confidence in the people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads