How to get an A* in History GCSE ? Watch

DESIRE94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ive been doing great all year but I struggle with exams. I really want an a star and am capable cos I have near top in my class, but I struggle with keeping all the information in my head.

Any tips from past experience or GCSE takers this year ?
I'm doing CIE IGCSE
RUSSIA
GERMANY
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS 1919-39
COLD WAR

What are your revision techniques ?
rae_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I make revision booklets for myself.Also find out what type of learner you are: Kinethestic, Auditory or Visual, you can do this by using many website for example http://www.vark-learn.com/english/page.asp?p=younger ,I am a kinethestic and auditory learner so I read my notes out loud while moving about like a maniac. I tend to revise with some friends which helps as it highlights what areas I'm struggling in. I'm not sure if this a good idea but for me, I often perform better cramming rather than long term revision in history.
Tahooper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What I do for revision is read a revision booklet about what I'm going to be doing in the exams and I read all the information and put the information (on paper or MS Word) in bullet points and sort them out into different headings so it is easier to read and I am more likely to remember.
IQ Test
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you like, we could do Q&A for revision purposes on here.

I'm just reading my textbook, making notes on the subjects, then getting my Dad to test me on my notes. I'm also using bitesize and internet quizzes on the subjects.
SilverDoe21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DESIRE94)
Ive been doing great all year but I struggle with exams. I really want an a star and am capable cos I have near top in my class, but I struggle with keeping all the information in my head.

Any tips from past experience or GCSE takers this year ?
I'm doing CIE IGCSE
RUSSIA
GERMANY
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS 1919-39
COLD WAR

What are your revision techniques ?
If you struggle to keep the information in your head, just keep going over it. It's tedious but worth it in the end
And do past papers!!! Seriously that's where you learn the most. I thought it was impossible to learn it all but I managed it It's not designed to be impossible
Kimiechi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I make things like Q&A cards, revision dominoes and summary booklets, as these help me revise both while I'm making them and when I'm actually doing/reading over them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads