Can I drop my firm so my insurance becomes my firm? Watch

jackmyswag
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've thought really hard about this and I've decided that I would rather have my insurance as my firm. However, is it possible to do this? I don't want to drop my firm and find I lose my insurance too.

Also, I've told my dad about my decision and he called me a failure. I just feel like my mind is in overdrive right now. I know it's 90% certain that I won't achieve the grades for my firm and I would rather get used to the idea of my insurance and be guaranteed accommodation, rather than not meet the grades for my current firm and have to find housing for my insurance. Besides, I prefer the city for my insurance and the course sounds more appealing to me, but I chose my firm simply because it's a more respected uni.

I know if I can drop my firm, I'll be making the right decision, but my dad is making me feel like such a failure. I feel like a disappointment.
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Then make sure that you work to get the grades for your firm. If you have however firmed and insured within the last 2 weeks then you can call UCAS and change it.
tsr-member
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where are your firm and insurance, if you don't mind me asking?

And I think you should be able to sort it out with UCAS. Not entirely sure if there's actually a way you can do it yourself or whether you have to let them sort it out for you.
either way, give 'em a ring.
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jackmyswag)
I've thought really hard about this and I've decided that I would rather have my insurance as my firm. However, is it possible to do this? I don't want to drop my firm and find I lose my insurance too.

Also, I've told my dad about my decision and he called me a failure. I just feel like my mind is in overdrive right now. I know it's 90% certain that I won't achieve the grades for my firm and I would rather get used to the idea of my insurance and be guaranteed accommodation, rather than not meet the grades for my current firm and have to find housing for my insurance. Besides, I prefer the city for my insurance and the course sounds more appealing to me, but I chose my firm simply because it's a more respected uni.

I know if I can drop my firm, I'll be making the right decision, but my dad is making me feel like such a failure. I feel like a disappointment.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Mind#Some_FAQ (specifically, the third question.)

Yes, it is possible to do that. If you prefer everything about your insurance, then getting released by your firm is a good decision; if you want to deal with your father, you could say something like your firm choice has cancelled the course.
jackmyswag
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What the heck? Just phoned UCAS, and the man said it's not possible for them to do that and I have to phone each uni specifically saying why i want to be rejected and if the insurance will make me the firm?"
muffingg
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

You can normally change your mind within 14 days. When did you firm and insurance them? If it's less than 14 days, just call up UCAS and they can change that for you. But you can only change your mind once and once only.
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What the heck? Just phoned UCAS, and the man said it's not possible for them to do that and I have to phone each uni specifically saying why i want to be rejected and if the insurance will make me the firm?"
No need to phone UCAS, they never could help with this issue. Do as they say and contact the unis (as outlined in the link I previously posted... )
thegiantinfinity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm thinking about possibly changing my insurance to my firm. Can you change your course from Chemistry to Geography aswell?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (329)
37.3%
No - but I will (71)
8.05%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (419)
47.51%

Watched Threads