The Student Room Group

How to conquer EDEXCEL BIOLOGY

Im hoping this thread can bring everyone doing these damn edexcel exams together to offer each other advice on how to get an A.

Can anyone who achieved an A please give advice on the best way to go about it?

Unit 1, 2
Unit 4, 5
Reply 1
Its not too bad just read the main book a few times and read the revision book and just go over the parts you don't understand. Also the grade boundaries are nice for the exam the unit 4 exam I done in January had a grade boundry of 63/90 marks for 90% UMS.
Reply 2
Original post by Vav123
Its not too bad just read the main book a few times and read the revision book and just go over the parts you don't understand. Also the grade boundaries are nice for the exam the unit 4 exam I done in January had a grade boundry of 63/90 marks for 90% UMS.

actually, i got 58/90 in that exam and i got 95% UMS :P
Notes :cookie:
and my Biology teacher calls it Jonny Edexcel :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I did it last year, if you just read the text book they gave you over and over and over again and you do past papers over and over and over again, you should get a high B/A/A* dependent on your natural ability and determination.
Reply 5
Original post by Vav123

Sorry this is a totally stupid question but what does this mean? Can you clarify?
Reply 6
In this January's Unit 1 exam there were certain questions with an asterisk next to them where the quality of your writing was being considered.... what is this all about? How do I approach this??
Reply 7
Original post by MizzPoly
In this January's Unit 1 exam there were certain questions with an asterisk next to them where the quality of your writing was being considered.... what is this all about? How do I approach this??

think it just wants you to be clear and specific with your answer (explanation)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending