What are my chances of getting a Pass at 1st year if i dont submit one essay? Watch

Remy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey.

Basically couse of some family circumstances i wasn't able complete one essay. Its my first year and i dont have exams but get assessed by submitting 6 essays. I have done 5.

What are my chances of getting a pass? or im ****ed?
Chris_23
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
You should be able to fill in some sort of form so you can get extra time, if the family circumstances were bad enough to justify it that is.
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You tell whoever is in charge of extensions and such about your extenuating circumstances and see what they say. They might say you have to do it anyway, they might take an average of the five essays as your mark for the sixth, they might make you do the sixth essay but then give you a bit of a break on the marks, etc etc etc. Communication with the tutors/admin in charge of this stuff is key.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Remy)
Hey.

Basically couse of some family circumstances i wasn't able complete one essay. Its my first year and i dont have exams but get assessed by submitting 6 essays. I have done 5.

What are my chances of getting a pass? or im ****ed?
If it's anything like my course, you have to submit all assessments, otherwise you get an automatic fail and have to retake the missing one in the summer.

Refer to your course handbook, or email your personal tutor and ask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (458)
38.04%
No - but I will (91)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (84)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.43%

Watched Threads