To break up or keep up? Watch

jazzzz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am starting uni in septemember, by which time me and boyfriend would have been going out for six months. But i am a bit stuck on wheter i should countine the relationship through out uni or break up before hand?

He is pretty smitten with me, and wants to make it work, but i am unsure as i have never had a long distance relationship before, will be doing a nursing course so wont have a much holiday time.But then there's a part of me which thinks maybe i should give it a go!

Any help would be apprecaited
Thanks x
MrsRainey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was in the EXACT same situation last september! Had an awesome boyfriend, but didn't think I could do long distance. We decided to take a break from our relationship when I moved and list ourselves as single on facebook etc etc. Needless to say we were incredibly pessimistic about the whole long distance thing. But we had already been together 10 months, so it was harder than we thought to stay separated. After less than 2 weeks we gave up and went into long distance. We see each other once a month at best, but we make it work I don't think there's a lot you can do at this stage except wait for the move to happen and see how you both feel about it. One of my best friends at uni did exactly the same as I did, and they found it easier being separated than they did doing long distance. At the end of the day, if you break up it's going to hurt, but long distance might hurt even more depending on your outlook.

I do advise you to give it a go though just make sure you BOTH go into it knowing that it's going to be difficult and expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. Sometimes people go into long distance not knowing what exactly they've signed up for, so make sure your boyfriend isn't like that. Make sure to explain to him just how difficult it will be and how much work you will have to put into it.

The one thing I have learned is that you will never know how you will feel until you actually arrive at uni! Me and my boyfriend are still very happily together while I'm at uni and he has a full time job. If you love each other enough, it will work

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed