start/finish dates? Watch

tillytots
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm currently doing student finance, does anyone know the exact date for 2011 entry? and the end? I'm doing History if it helps...
Copernican
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.uea.ac.uk/cmp/Teaching/Semester+Dates
26th of September.

If you're moving into halls you'll probably be moved in either the 24th or the 25th BUT keep in mind you won't actually receive your loan or grant through until your university has confirmed you're there. (My second year I got the loan on the first day each time BUT my first year it was about a week after I'd started as obviously I had the register and then the university had to send confirmation and then it had to clear)
coolh5000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:eek: We only get three weeks holiday for easter next year? How could they!
BethanW
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh man, next years dates really suck :/
iFreak
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When does the uni let out for the summer? They need that date too and I can't find it anywhere :s (which is probably me being a douche xD)
coolh5000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iFreak)
When does the uni let out for the summer? They need that date too and I can't find it anywhere :s (which is probably me being a douche xD)
It's on the page that was linked above:

30th April 2012 to 8th June 2012 (Assessment period)
So you'll definitely be finished by the 8th June, but it could be earlier depending on when your exams finish.

First year History students generally only have one or possibly two exams, and from what I remember they finish quite early. For the purposes of student finance though, just write the official last date which is the 8th June.
iFreak
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Brilliant, thank you so much
Copernican
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by coolh5000)
:eek: We only get three weeks holiday for easter next year? How could they!
In Groningen next year (Erasmus) I'm going to get a whole 5, yes, count that, 5... days.
myblueheaven339
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You'll have a split spring term next year by the looks of things, we had that last year which was annoying. Really splits up your revision time if you have more lectures and coursework after easter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
    UNDERGRADUATE OPEN DAY Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
    UNDERGRADUATE OPEN DAY Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise