Literature Poetry Watch

Florence321
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
How are you revising for the Literature Poetry question? Our teacher said to plan in detail lots of answers, but there are so many possibilities I'm finding it a bit daunting. So far I've read over the poems and made notes....do you know anything else that works?
Dizzy in my Head
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We're doing our poetry on World War One - and I got lots of revision guides that talked about the poems that will come up on our exam for definate (on our poetry list). I made loads of notes on the poems and put them on cards, and wrote them like that.

Are you at GCSE or A-level? There are some good sheets I could forward for either, telling you how to answer the question (like answer structure - pretty useful).
Florence321
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks! I'm at GCSE, so it's the Anthology poems: Simon Armitage, Carol Ann Duffy, and pre-1914 poetry, mainly focussing on relationships and anger really. I'm quite confident with how to structure it, our teacher is really helpful with that kind of thing, it's more the actual points that I should make. We did most of them for the first time last year, so I did really well in the Year 10 mocks, but I don't know them back to front like I used to!
I usually make revision cards for other subjects, I hadn't really thought of doing it for this kind of thing, but it sounds like it should work for me - thanks for your help
Dizzy in my Head
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Florence321)
Thanks! I'm at GCSE, so it's the Anthology poems: Simon Armitage, Carol Ann Duffy, and pre-1914 poetry, mainly focussing on relationships and anger really. I'm quite confident with how to structure it, our teacher is really helpful with that kind of thing, it's more the actual points that I should make. We did most of them for the first time last year, so I did really well in the Year 10 mocks, but I don't know them back to front like I used to!
I usually make revision cards for other subjects, I hadn't really thought of doing it for this kind of thing, but it sounds like it should work for me - thanks for your help
Good luck with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise