?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
University of Birmingham or university of Nottingham? hmmmmm
Jacke02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What course? I didn't like birmngham that much as a campus...
Maxine Kays
Rep:
?
Social Work
and whats the campus like at birmingham?
lisalilsmartass
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jacke02)
What course? I didn't like birmngham that much as a campus...
why on earth not?

(Original post by Maxine Kays)
Social Work
and whats the campus like at birmingham?
the campus at Birmingham is beautiful!! traditional red brick university, its own train station, beautiful accomodation (especially at the Vale) ... hmm each to their own I guess?

You can't really go wrong between Birmingham and Nottingham to be honest, both Russell Group and therefore automatically have the better reputation with employers (lets be real).

In my opinion, Birmingham is better- but I can't force my opinion on you
Check out Birmingham's youtube videos - they may help!
musicfreak2410
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I liked both these uni's too, but eventually went with nottingham...something about the campus that i just fell in love with! but as lisalilsmartass said, you can't really go wrong with either uni reputation wise? have you visited both uni's?
Maxine Kays
Rep:
?
Cool, im struck between the two now lol
Jacke02
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lisalilsmartass)
why on earth not?
well the grotty train ride their put me off... but the actual campus is nice, just not the way there from the city centre.
Maxine Kays
Rep:
?
cool, which is harder to get into would you think??
Hadz17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ahh im having the same problem! I've already firmed Nottingham but apparently we have 14 days to change our minds :/ the accommodation at Birmingham looks nice but i've heard the City is abit.. 'rough' lol
nnnomi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hadz17)
ahh im having the same problem! I've already firmed Nottingham but apparently we have 14 days to change our minds :/ the accommodation at Birmingham looks nice but i've heard the City is abit.. 'rough' lol
Have you not heard that Nottingham is one of the most dangerous cities in the country.... nicknamed Shottingham... ahaha

go with BRUM
cha050
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hadz17)
But Nottingham is also known for having the 'highest crime rates' among British cities... so can't really say nottingham is better than birmingham on this..
Hadz17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well.. thats reassuring! :eek: any of you guys at Birmingham/Nottingham already?
Stressworthy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, since you're posting in the Birmingham subforum, you may well get a biased opinion. However, I was very much in the same position as you last year... I had to choose between Nottingham and Birmingham (and a few other unis, but I narrowed it down to those two).

Since I was on a year out, the offers were unconditional, so I had to purely take into account how I felt about the unis rather than grade issues. Reputation-wise, I just didn't think there was enough in it to sway me either way - they're both solid, decent universities, although it could well depend on your course and department. I chose Birmingham simply because I felt more at home here when I visited and could imagine myself feeling comfortable and enjoying the beautiful campus/the surroundings I'd be studying in, and I've been happy here. So go with your gut instinct.
Hadz17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah apparently a lot of people have had the same dilemma :rolleyes:
I haven't had the chance to see the Birmingham campus first hand yet but I have seen videos and it looks stunning.. i'm sort of leaning towards it now

just to ask though - is it quite ethnically mixed?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise