The Student Room Group

OCR ECONOMICS of Work and Leisure F583 -> 17 June 2011

I haven't seen a thread on this exam yet, are many people taking it?

Does any one have any ideas for what might come up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey - yes I am retaking this exam although I don't really need to I just want to secure my grade. Given that the exam in Jan was focuses more on the aging population/gender gaps - I don't know whether they may focus on the poverty/wealth inequality area. Tbh it is a bit of a guess but hopefully the exam will be easier this time round as it was a killer!
I'm hoping a question comes up about trade unions though
How about you?
Reply 2
I'm taking it. Its a bitch of an exam, hate the market failure and labour market stuff.
Reply 3
hoping that a NMW question will come up
Original post by Emma292929
Hey - yes I am retaking this exam although I don't really need to I just want to secure my grade. Given that the exam in Jan was focuses more on the aging population/gender gaps - I don't know whether they may focus on the poverty/wealth inequality area. Tbh it is a bit of a guess but hopefully the exam will be easier this time round as it was a killer!
I'm hoping a question comes up about trade unions though
How about you?
Reply 4
Although it seems that MPR appears in the exam here and there or often they like you to incorporate it into your answer
Reply 5
This exam can be quite difficult especially this January exam was quite hard. i'm re taking in order to push my overall grade up. but it seems to be the best way to go about work and leisure is to get planned examples ready..
Reply 6
Section a just know ur theory
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
section B is likely to be trouble :s-smilie:
Reply 8
is any1 else taking this exam
Reply 9
Yes. =/
Reply 10
hi...got this exam in june... doing it for the first time...can anybody tell me roughly how many marks would 17 ums be...

thanks
Reply 11
any1 else taking this exam
Reply 12
I am, not looking forward to it! 13/60 in January :/ any tips guys?
Dreading it!!!
Reply 14
Re-taking this exam :s-smilie:

Any guesses on the longer questions?
Reply 15
this might be irrelevant to this thread but who has the january 2011 paper for this exam?
Reply 16
Original post by alqahtani
this might be irrelevant to this thread but who has the january 2011 paper for this exam?

I have the paper but not electronically
Analyse how the concepts of diminishing returns and diseconomies of scale can be applied
to leisure markets <<< apparently one of the questions in Jan 2011. I have absolutely no idea how to apply that to a leisure market :frown:
Reply 18
Diminsihing returns only happens in the SR, and Diseconomies of Scale in the LR, Basically talk about how output decrease with employing more labour - MPL decreases. So firms only employ people up to a point where MRP=MCL. Dis-economies of scale means that firms have become so big that they are not producing at min of AC and there could be X-inefficiency causing this

Original post by carbondummy
Analyse how the concepts of diminishing returns and diseconomies of scale can be applied
to leisure markets &lt;&lt;&lt; apparently one of the questions in Jan 2011. I have absolutely no idea how to apply that to a leisure market :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by kateibbo
I have the paper but not electronically

Is it possible you could scan it and post it on here, please :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending