Computer isnt working.. Watch

cfc1992
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am starting it up and you can hear the fan I think quite loudly but nothing is showing up on the monitor. The monitor isnt broken as i'm using it to plug to a laptop now.

any suggestions?

thanks.
Scott1541
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So it is a desktop right? Are you using a dedicated graphics card or integrated gpu?

If you are using the integrated gpu then there isn't much you can do other than making sure that the cable to your monitor is correctly inserted.

If you are using a dedicated gpu, which it sounds like you are, make sure that all of the cables are correctly inserted like power, etc.. If you have and nothing happens just unplug your computer from the mains and just leave it for a while.

A family member of mine had the same problem with their computer about 6 months ago and leaving it unplugged overnight resolved the problem, I think it was some kind of electrical issue that caused it as it happened when the computer was booted following a power cut (breakers tripped).
Zorg
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cfc1992)
I am starting it up and you can hear the fan I think quite loudly but nothing is showing up on the monitor. The monitor isnt broken as i'm using it to plug to a laptop now.

any suggestions?

thanks.
Are there any beeps? Could you list your manufacture, model and specs? If you built the system or it's a custom build the model numbers of the motherboard, psu, cpu, gpu and ram would be helpful.

Good news, fans are spinning so the power supply is most likely ok.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.89%
No - but I will (87)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.74%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (537)
47.65%

Watched Threads