Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hi there
naz168
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mrabdullahi)
Please read my PS. I am applying an access to compined studies in order to go to a uni and get a degree in politics. This is the PS:-

I was in born in Somalia, and I happen to become a part of a doomed generation who spent most of their lives in either exile or in civil-war.
After when the political turmoil have erupted in Somalia I have travelled through many countries around the world fleeing from the unrest and seeking for a decent refuge to survive. It took me almost two decades before I have finally settled in UK and were granted asylum in 2008.

Despite the personal experiences I have encountered due to political reasons I am very motivated to learn how countries and societies are ruled, certain polices implemented and serious decisions are made. Thus this course will be my starting point as I will need to get in to the filed of politics and social policy. With in this course I am expecting to study how human being functions in sociology; the science of human behaviour in psychology; and past political events in history.

I play football in my spare time. But most of the time I enjoy reading biographies of leaders who have made significant changes in their countries and the rest of the world. I also read the politics of various countries around the world. I watch political TV channels such as BBC parliament. I post political videos and interviews online, and I am currently shooting a political documentary film about ‘good-governance’.

Through reading and watching I am very inspired and thinking to make positive changes in humanity. In the future I am planning to advocate for the disadvantaged youth around the world and to become a human-right activist. I am very passionate to help children and poor people so I am planning to work for charities and non governmental organizations to help eradicate poverty.
Remember to mention why you chose the subject, and if you're talking about anything else then remember to explain how or why this has influenced you to study the subject.

Have you read or seen anything that has intrigued you, and so has led you to want to study the subject?
What skills have you learnt from your education, work etc. which can possibly help you in your study?

Your interest about the subject, and what you want to study and why... should be the biggest part of your statement
naz168
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hello
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads